Contribute
Register

Wonky keyboard (not any specific layout)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P LGA1151
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1060 (integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 on Hackintosh)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey. I just finished setting up from scratch my dualboot Windows 10 and macOS Sierra on the same HDD (well, SSD) setup. Had some problems, but nothing serious. At this point I think I'm mostly done with it, other than this one issue...

The keyboard is completely wrong. It doesn't look like it uses any specific layout either. Say, pressing 'Enter' inputs 's', pressing '6' works as Backspace. Even modifier keys work as if they were some letters/symbols. Seems like it's the same issue as in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wonky-keyboard-layout.165345/
It's only this one keyboard though. Fortunately I had a spare USB keyboard, which doesn't have the same problems, but I'd rather not use it (it's pretty old and I'm already accustomed to this one).

Now, the funny part. As long as I don't boot into macOS everything's fine. On Windows it works correctly. Same in the Clover menu. The moment I boot into macOS, it starts being wonky AND it persists into the Clover menu too - until I boot into Windows again. What gives?

My setup:
  • Clover UEFI
  • Windows 10 Education UEFI
  • macOS Sierra (not sure which version at the moment, I just downloaded the installer like 3 days ago)
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P LGA1151
  • Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
  • Integrated graphics (I'm using NVIDIA GTX 1060 on the Windows side, which as we all know is a no-go at the moment)
Any ideas how could I fix the keyboard issue?

EDIT: Ah, also: the keyboard is Tracer Avenger.

EDIT 2: ...and now the problem stopped persisting to the Clover menu. Weird. Still wrong in macOS though.

Last edited:
@Shockah, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi. Did you fix your stuff? If so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back