Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no repo, no. I 'borrowed' mine. :lol:

ahahahah!! :clap: ... the meaning of 'borrowed' is pretty clear!

But, if I have an iMac available, what do I have to do technically to extract the sysdef?

thanks! :)

Well, this is interesting. Both Chameleon Wizard and Clover configurator don't have iMac 15,x sysdef yet. Is there a way to "calculate" it or something?

Not that I'm aware of for such new builds. As mentioned before. I personally use 14,3 for which there is plenty of data available you look in the right places :thumbup:

ahahahah!! :clap: ... the meaning of 'borrowed' is pretty clear!

But, if I have an iMac available, what do I have to do technically to extract the sysdef?

thanks! :)

If I was doing this, I would start with the board-id and serial number....

Hello WonkeyDonkey,

I built this exact machine over the weekend (aside from the discontinued power supply), but I've not been successful in loading Unibeast.

running the -v boot command validates that everything loaded properly, but the system restarts as soon as the grey apple screen starts to appear. I've tried every boot flag under the sun (graphics enabler, safe mode, machkernal, max ram, etc).

any thoughts as to what the issue is? I have a video of the -v output that I can upload (last line states it's starting Darwin)

Hello WonkeyDonkey,

I built this exact machine over the weekend (aside from the discontinued power supply), but I've not been successful in loading Unibeast.

running the -v boot command validates that everything loaded properly, but the system restarts as soon as the grey apple screen starts to appear. I've tried every boot flag under the sun (graphics enabler, safe mode, machkernal, max ram, etc).

any thoughts as to what the issue is? I have a video of the -v output that I can upload (last line states it's starting Darwin)

Hardware list ?
OSX Version ?
Mobo bios version ?
Unibeast version ?
Boot flags used ?

For Clover users, again.
If you have Clover installed in EFI partition (and bios in UEFI mode), follow these steps to make Audio and HDMI Audio survive to (hopefully most of) System Updates.
Mandatory:
  • Clover in EFI partition
  • Native AppleHDA.kext in S\L\E
  • Native AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext S\L\E (no patches with PikeRAlpha's script AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh as I explained in #284)
  • No HDAEnabler in S\L\E
  • No AppleHDA1150.kext (generated with PikeRAlpha's script as I explained in post #284) in S\L\E
  • OSX Yosemite 10.10 or newer
  • Clover Configurator - download
- Mount EFI partition (download EFI mounter from tonymac's Downloads\Community Software
- Download audio_CloverALC-master.zip from toleda's GitHub repo.
- Unzip file, leave the folder in Download folder of your system, unzip audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip
- Run the unzipped audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.1.command, type password and follow the steps of the script.
- At the end, do not reboot, we need to check our config.plist file.
- Open Clover Configurator, click on File\Import Configuration and choose it from EFI\EFI\CLOVER. Our config.plist file is ready to be checked.
- What we need to adjust is the Kernel and Kext Patches section. If toleda's command didn't add them, we need to add codes to patch appleHDA, HDAcontrollers and the right codes for the mappature of AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. Please note that those codes are meant to be just for this configuration and OS Yosemite. Other hardware\software means other codes. More info on toleda's repo here and here
- Here's the result
Patch audio.png
- Open Terminal type
Code:
sudo nvram -c
press Enter, type password (invisible) then again press enter
- Type
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
press enter
- Type
Code:
rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
press enter
- Type
Code:
sudo kextcache -update-volume /
press enter.
- Reboot, and the result will be pretty much this

111826-audio-devices.png

Credits

Last edited by a moderator:
very useful informations!
could you please share you config.plist as it is now?
please replace your id,mlb and rom values with 'not for public' for safety reasons :)

thanks in advance

Here it is.
Please note that in Boot section I didn't flag anything, nor in Kernel and Kext Patches. I put everything about my system partition in the GUI section, in order to manage other future partitions (like Mavericks, which needs other bootflags). Those custom entries in the GUI section do overwrite the general boot flags.
Schermata 2014-11-06 alle 23.51.15.png

Removed id, mlb etc values, thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 254
Hello,

for a better understanding of Clover just look at the "clover wiki" There you will find a lot of answers. If you aren't comfortable with clover configurator you can edit the config.plist with PlistEditor Pro or Xcode. Or just simple by opening with Texteditor.

When you use a SSDT you don't need to enable C- and P-States. SSDT is doing everything. When you boot up the first time (with thumb drive) and you don't have one you can enable c/p-states.
I would suggest injecting system ID. Just create a smbios with clover configurator
For you graphic card you don't need to inject anything. your card should work oob and no need to tick anything under graphics. But if you need the internal gpu you have to tick InjectIntel and add 0D220003 to ig-platform-id
If you don't need the intel just disable it in bios.

If you want to try clover you can have my config.plist to test or use the one from giacomoleopardo

According the clover wiki you don't need the RtVariables (from clover configurator) section any more as long you have smbios settings.

Please, guys, note that I'm not a Clover expert, but I tried to understand the meaning of some Clover functions. Well, I come to a conclusion: due to the fact that Clover is a really complicated and powerful bootloader, the less I tell it, the more vanilla the system would be. So basically I starded with a generic hd 4600 config.plist and one step at time I deleted non-necessary elements. No need to inject system id, nor platform id. Even Inject Intel is not necessary (I use it for cosmetic reasons, to show HD 4600 rather than Iris Pro). What is strictly mandatory for my configuration? Well:

• DSDT - Drop OEM for HDMI audio
  • SSDT - Drop OEM for optimized Power Management
  • Boot Flag - kext-dev-mode=1 to allow non-native or modified kexts
  • Devices - Inject Audio 1 to recognize correct Motherboard Audio Layout
  • Gui - Custom Entries, Tool and All Kernels founded for boot tools and proper native Kernel
  • Kernel and Kext Patches - AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patches, AppleHDAController patches, AppleHDA Patches for ALC1150 for full working Audio functions (combined with DSDT patch and Audio Layout injection)
  • Rt Variables - ROM and MLB generated to support iMessage and FaceTime features
  • SMBIOS - values injected to define System Definition (also useful, combined with Rt Variables, to enable iMessage and FaceTime)
  • Inject Kext - Yes to keep the modified kext out of the system partition, AKA "patch on the fly"

PS: Wonkey Donkey, since this thread of yours is about ASRock Z87E ITX and also you're a forum moderator, I hope this little Clover discussion would not be considered off-topic. Everything I have posted here is about Clover applied to our mobo, as a matter of fact.

System updated to 10.10.1. I can confirm that nothing needs to be touched not even Trim Enabler - hex patch added to config.plist!
To summarize:
  1. Bios in UEFI mode
  2. Clover (latest version) in EFI partition
  3. config.plist with patch in Kernel and Kext Patches section for
    • Audio (AppleHDA for xml-->zml + AppleHDA for ALC1150)
    • HDMI Audio (AppleHDAController part 1/2 + AppleHDAController part 2/2)
    • AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (Port_0x5-DP-->HDMI + Port_0x7-DP-->HDMI)
    • Trim Enabler (IOAHCIBlockStorage)
      kernel and kext patch asrock z87.png
  4. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched inserted DSDT patched with Toleda's Audio HDMI HD4600/Haswell/8 Series (AMI-Clean_Compile-8series and AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1)
  5. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched inserted SSDT generated with PikerAlpha's ssdtPRGen.sh
  6. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 inserted
    • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
    • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • realtekALC.kext (this only one has been copied by toleda's audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.2.command from toleda/audio_CloverALC repo)
Please remember to repair permission and rebuild cache before and after the update.
I made a little command file (based on the idea of forum member stinga11) that automatically do the following (admin password required):
Code:
sudo nvram -c
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Attachments:
  • config.plist
  • DSDT
  • SSDT