Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this adapter on ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Tablet-P...4?pt=DE_Computer_Sonstige&hash=item418927fa62

So with a BCM94360CD (around 30$) card it should be possible to get native AC/BT 4.0.
Only problem is that the BCM94360CD has four cable sockets on it and on the Asrock board we only have two antenna cables/antennas.

Any suggestions how to solve this?
Is it necessary to connect all four antennas?

Ive been looking at these cards and adaptors too. Mine is an older rebranded Dell, but with no BT, although I dont use that anyway. It would be good to update.

From what I have read about some other combo cards, 1 antenna is for bluetooth and the rest are used for the wifi. A close up of that card does not reveal which antenna is for which.

Now since the motherboard has 3 antenna holes for mounting, you could fiddle around and try connecing 3 of the 4 antenna just using the board backplate until you find out which is which. You then have 3 options which are:

1. Have the 3 wifi antenna wired through the board connectors and discard wifi.

2. Have 2 x wifi and 1 x blutooth antenna wired through the board connectors, at the risk of having slower wifi.

3. Get an old slot cover and drill 4 x holes in it and attach the antenna that way, assuming you have a space for one of these in your chassis. This would give you full functionality.

Bear in mind though, the wifi card slot on the board is half height, not full height. You could use the rear mounted full size socket instead of a mini PCIE SSD but you should check it will work that way. It should do I think, but then you would need to rethink the wiring to connect the antennas from the rear side of the board...

For those ones using UEFI bios set up and Clover (in EFI partition) with this hardware set up:
- Install Yosemite 10.10 following Tony's guide here using config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop.zip attached in his post (no discrete graphic card for me, just HD4600) and with the following install options
109468-clover-install-1.png

109469-clover-install-2.png
- I attach down here my config.plist, my ssdt (generated using PikeRAlpha's script), my dsdt patched for hdmi audio (bios version 2.50) with toleda's patch, and the kext I used in this path
109179-screenshot-kexts.png
- Placed my ssdt.aml and dsdt.aml as following
109178-screenshot-dsdt-ssdt.png
- these are the Drivers64UEFI showing up in EFI partition
109177-screenshot-drivers-uefi.png
- Also, I generated AppleHDA1150.kext with PikeRAlpha's script AppleHDA8Series.sh placed automatically in S/L/E (no need to use Audio patch from MultiBeast)
- Furthermore, I changed the port layout/configuration by patching AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (port 0x5 from DisplayPort ---> to DVI, port 0x6 ---> DisplayPort, port 0x7 from DisplayPort ---> to HDMI) with PikeRAlpha's script AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh in order to have the right connectors mappature
- Last, I added to S/L/E PikeRAlpha's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext to check CPU's speedsteps. Toleda has just uploaded a great compiled version (4.0) of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext (post #1, tools section).
That one will show iGPU P-States as well.
  • Put it on desktop
  • Run KextBeast
  • Repair Permission with Disk Utility
  • Rebuild cache with Kext Wizard (or anything you prefer)
  • Reboot
  • Type cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:" in Terminal
speedsteps.png

EDIT: I managed to fix iMessage, FaceTime and the other AppleID login stuff.
Found very inspiring this post by lexone based on the huge thread to fix iMessage. Here are my steps:
  • took an iMessage debug from my brother's real 27" iMac (I guess any hackintosh logged in in iMessage will do the job as well)
  • inserted in config.plist/Rt Variables and config.plist/SMBIOS the values as lexone posted (my sysdef was iMac 11,1, as stated in my brother's iMac debug)
  • cleared nvram typing in Terminal
    Code:
    sudo nvram -c
  • rebuilted cache, fix permission typing in Terminal
    Code:
    sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
    sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo kextcache -update-volume /
  • Rebooted, logged in in iMessage etc., changed Product Name in config.plist/SMBIOS from iMac 11,1 to iMac14,1 (left the other values as they were)
  • again
    Code:
    sudo nvram -c
    sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
    sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo kextcache -update-volume /
  • Rebooted

Thanks to
  • Tonymacx86 for gathering clover install infos in one great guide
  • PikeRAlpha, nothing of this would be possible without him
  • Toleda for great support
  • SJUnderwater for MaciASL and other amazing tools
  • The Clover Team guys
  • WonkeyDonkey for this great thread and his useful presence basically everywhere in this forum

Attachments

• z87e itx.zip
    323.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
For those ones using UEFI bios set up and Clover (in EFI partition) with this hardware set up:
- Install Yosemite 10.10 following Tony's guide here using config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop.zip attached in his post (no discrete graphic card for me, just HD4600) and with the following install options
109181-clover-install-1.png

109182-clover-install-2.png
- I attach down here my config.plist, my ssdt (generated using PikeRAlpha's script), my dsdt patched for hdmi audio (bios version 2.50) with toleda's patch, and the kext I used in this path
109179-screenshot-kexts.png
- Placed my ssdt.aml and dsdt.aml as following
109178-screenshot-dsdt-ssdt.png
- these are the Drivers64UEFI showing up in EFI partition
109177-screenshot-drivers-uefi.png
- Also, I generated AppleHDA1150.kext with PikeRAlpha's script AppleHDA8Series.sh placed automatically in S/L/E (no need to use Audio patch from MultiBeast)
- Furthermore, I changed the port layout/configuration by patching AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (port 0x5 from DisplayPort ---> to DVI, port 0x6 ---> DisplayPort, port 0x7 from DisplayPort ---> to HDMI) with PikeRAlpha's script AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh in order to have the right connectors mappature
- Last, I added to S/L/E PikeRAlpha's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext to check CPU's speedsteps. Toleda has just uploaded a great compiled version (4.0) of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext (post #1, tools section).
That one will show iGPU P-States as well.
  • Put it on desktop
  • Run KextBeast
  • Repair Permission with Disk Utility
  • Rebuild cache with Kext Wizard (or anything you prefer)
  • Reboot
  • Type cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:" in Terminal
109192-speedsteps.png

Thanks to
  • Tonymacx86 for gathering clover install infos in one great guide
  • PikeRAlpha, nothing of this would be possible without him
  • Toleda for great support
  • SJUnderwater for MaciASL and other amazing tools
  • WonkeyDonkey for this great thread and his useful presence basically everywhere in this forum

Thanks, thats some really great information you have provided there! The last pic (P-staes) is very small, could you emlarge it or give us a show of the p-states that are being reached ?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, thats some really great information you have provided there! The last pic (P-staes) is very small, could you emlarge it or give us a show of the p-states that are being reached ?

Thanks.

Done! :thumbup:

@giacomoleopardo:

Thanks for your posting. Just one question. Did you use some special settings in Bios/Uefi to boot from system drive?
The reason why I'm asking is that with my former mobo (Asrock B75M-ITX) the computer couldn't boot from system drive with clover installed as uefi version (from usb stick it was possible).
Thanks in advance

@giacomoleopardo:

Thanks for your posting. Just one question. Did you use some special settings in Bios/Uefi to boot from system drive?
The reason why I'm asking is that with my former mobo (Asrock B75M-ITX) the computer couldn't boot from system drive with clover installed as uefi version (from usb stick it was possible).
Thanks in advance

Well, actually at first I didn't find any uefi boot options either, besides uefi usb install. Then I found the solution. Here you are:

• Make sure your bios is set as Uefi boot mode. I can't really say for B75M-ITX, but for Z87E-ITX go to
    Boot\CSM(Compatibility Support Module) and Set it to "Disabled", like this picture

141024063349.png

• Then plug your Clover Uefi Install USB pen drive and boot from it. You should go to "Clover Boot Options". Probably you'll find two of them: choose the one referring to the Sata HD connector, not the USB one. Press the space bar and you'll know which one is the right one.
  • Select "Add Clover boot options for all entries" and press Enter key. You'll see nothing, but Clover will be present in Uefi boot options in your Bios, then. Choose of course the right one as usual in the bios boot options

clover options.jpg

clover options 2.jpg

141024063658.png

141024063622.png

Thanks thats a very good info. I will replace the b75m-itx with the z87e-itx which I got today. As well the cpu. Now I think I can solve the issue. Thanks again

Dear Wonkey Donkey :) ,

just a banal question for you: I've noticed that you upgraded your build to iMac 14,3 sysdef and I'm just wondering where you found it. Is there any repo for them?

I'm in the process of building a new rig with Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 and i7-4790K and I'd like to use iMac 15,1 for that.

Thanks! :)

Dear Wonkey Donkey :) ,

just a banal question for you: I've noticed that you upgraded your build to iMac 14,3 sysdef and I'm just wondering where you found it. Is there any repo for them?

I'm in the process of building a new rig with Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 and i7-4790K and I'd like to use iMac 15,1 for that.

Thanks! :)

There is no repo, no. I 'borrowed' mine. :lol:

There is no repo, no. I 'borrowed' mine. :lol:

Well, this is interesting. Both Chameleon Wizard and Clover configurator don't have iMac 15,x sysdef yet. Is there a way to "calculate" it or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back