Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec! I thought you created an USB installer with clover??? How come you can use the config.plist with unibeast? v e r y confused now..
thanks fpr clarifying!

You can create the installer and copy any config.plist to it that you like. So if you have one that you know works for you, you can copy it on there.

Is it worth doing a separate full install guide here ?
That would be a great idea. Re-organizing the OP, also, would be helpful for everybody. :thumbup:
Wait a sec! I thought you created an USB installer with clover??? How come you can use the config.plist with unibeast? v e r y confused now..
thanks fpr clarifying!
UniBeast 6.x does use Clover. It's the same thing, just done with Tony's and MacMan interface.

@giacomoleopardo

What you did is absolutelly fabulous or to say it in your language: "magnifico e incredibile". Gracie per tuo duro lavoro.
I have to switch back because my italian is not that good respectivly I've almot forgotten everything I've learned in school.
Because of your how-to's i'm still on hackintosh otherwise I would have thrown everything out of the window...

I also want to patch my Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H-DSDT for El Capitan and try to remove the unused USB2.0-Ports like you described in your post #463
The GA has 3 internal USB2.0-Ports called F_USB1, F_USB2 and F_USB3. Within the DSDT i can find HS05, HS06, HS07 and HS08.

How do I find out which HS0X belongs to the internal usb connectors? Unfortunately there isn't anything mentioned in the manual.

Thanks in advance

Huberer

Edit: Please forget my question. I found the solution in another forum, where you also asked Pjalm about removing those settings. I guess you already know which forum I mean.

@giacomoleopardo

What you did is absolutelly fabulous or to say it in your language: "magnifico e incredibile". Gracie per tuo duro lavoro.
I have to switch back because my italian is not that good respectivly I've almot forgotten everything I've learned in school.
Because of your how-to's i'm still on hackintosh otherwise I would have thrown everything out of the window...

I also want to patch my Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H-DSDT for El Capitan and try to remove the unused USB2.0-Ports like you described in your post #463
The GA has 3 internal USB2.0-Ports called F_USB1, F_USB2 and F_USB3. Within the DSDT i can find HS05, HS06, HS07 and HS08.

How do I find out which HS0X belongs to the internal usb connectors? Unfortunately there isn't anything mentioned in the manual.

Thanks in advance

Huberer

Edit: Please forget my question. I found the solution in another forum, where you also asked Pjalm about removing those settings. I guess you already know which forum I mean.
:thumbup:
Insanelymac is not banned. I've posted credits and reference to that thread a few posts ago. Good luck with Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H. If you need help perhaps a new thread would be the best solution.

OK, just got home couple of hours ago and having trouble creating an usb installer.
I haven’t tried Unibeast (yet) because of that system language switching constraint…

What I have tried is installing clover to the usb stick in legacy mode which gave me an instant reboot because I am booting in uefi mode. Alright, I thought, let’s install clover to the esp of the usb stick with the settings I used for yosemite and see how it goes from there. But neither the ‚original‘ settings posted by Tony nor the kexts and drivers you posted in #503 do the job.

Furthermore, if I try to boot with empty kexts to patch section i get that stop sign after couple of minutes (part of installation: black screen with white apple logo and progress bar) so that option is a no go..I narrowed it down, I guess either Trim Enabler patch or USB patch or both need to stay in that section.

In addition I found out that if I let them in kexts to patch section it really doesn’t matter whether I use the kexts and drivers that get installed with tony’s install settings or yours – I don’t get the stop sign respectively I get past the loading bar screen.
But then if toggle xmp=no inside config.plist I get the grey screen and that’s it. Leaving xmp=yes I get the grey screen followed by a visible (and movable) cursor and then the spinning beach ball.

I’m running out of options and really don’t know what to try next, except:

- boot with only discrete GFX enabled in bios (which means disable IGPU there)
- install clover in legacy mode onto usb stick and boot with legacy bios (<- is that really necessary?)
- boot with ‚old’ DSDT from Yosemite (without usb things removed) making it possible to leave kexts to patch section empty inside config.plist on the usb stick..

Tried to explain everything as best as possible and really hope you can help :)

Thanks in advance!
Forget about legacy Clover, I'd say. Everything we're discussing here is about UEFI mode.
First of all use rear usb 2.0, not 3.0
Try to use UniBeast, why not? Clean config.plist, absolutely generic. It worked for me.
If you use your gfx, perhaps you're going to need nv_disable=1 flag in config.plist + inject nVidia, or just one of the two (try).
Then try other kind of monitor plug, if you can (HDMI?DVI?DP?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm ok, well a replacement card arrived today, and only the bluetooth is working on that too.
I'm sceptical that it is the PCI card to be honest as i had the same problem previously, but i cured itself.

So, PCIe card, [AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-PCI-Express-BCM94360CD-Hackintosh-Computers/dp/B00MBP25UK[/AMAZON-uk], working bluetooth only, reseated, replaced, and still refusing to work.

Wifi icon in toolbar states 'wifi - no hardware installed', wifi section in system report curiously does show some software versions etc.

Any help from you legends!?

Software versions show up there even if a card is not installed.

There is a thread somewhere here in the forums that allowed some wifi cards to be added via DSDT; it was started by Toleda but was some time ago.

That might be worth a search.

I'll post a link if I can find it.

Also, some of these cards only worked in a x1 slot. I think it depends on an extra component which is soldered on some of them but not all.

@giacomoleopardo:

There's one final question I have according to your post #463 at page 47:
At point 5 of your how-to you write
Find Device (HS13) and replace the entire block from this...

What's the reason and affect for changing this block (only from just one USB 3.0 port)?

Thanks in advance
Huberer

What's the reason and affect for changing this block (only from just one USB 3.0 port)?

Thanks in advance
Huberer
Well, that's the only HS port that doesn't show up. It needed to be re-addressed. I used HS11 port address, since it doesn't exist on our mobo and it's been removed from dsdt (so no double address)

EDIT: To clarify ---> it's not related to 3.0 port. I mean, yes, the port is physically that one, but talking about HSxx means talk about 2.0 function of that port (High Speed). As a matter of fact, SSP1 (same port, but 3.0 usb at Super Speed) works without problem ;)

Thanks for the info. Now I see :thumbup:
I know that HSxx is for the USB2.0 ports since I've read the whole thread at insanelymac :crazy:

Thanks again
Huberer

Bios setting are ok - WAN radio enabled,

I don't know if, because of a previous wifi card, if something was left in SSDT that now shouldn't be there as the card should work OOB - and has worked flawlessly for many months.

I can't really read DSDT / SSDT or IOJones stuff, it makes no sense to me.

All i can tell you is I have no wifi, the OS doesn't think there is any wifi.
DCPI manager does not list the card in its PCI devices.

Is there something I can test the PCIe with? I don't have any other cards to put in there, and like i said, the one in there now is a replacement that arrived today!

Boot without the DSDT / SSDT files to confirm if that is causing the problem or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back