Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to let the discrete be set as primary in bios?
Yes, you'll loose the opportunity to use integrated graphics, though. Booting with PCIE as primary gives boot loop when two monitors (discrete + on board) are plugged in. But without anything plugged into on board connections, then that's fine. Of course no HD4600 shows up
only GFX.png
On the other hand if you leave primary onboard, you can use discrete + onboard, or just one of the two. UEFI mode takes care of it and recognises the plugged monitor on boot.
Here's a screenshot with on board set as primary in bios, but only Apple Cinema Display plugged into GTX 760 card: even HDMI Audio is enabled
audio gfx.pngGFX+HD4600.png
How come the USB Enhanced Controller disappeared from sys information? Is this because we deleted EHC1&2 completely?
Probably. Since every port is working properly I don't really care about that.
And is ist still necessary to remove kexts to patch section in config.plist on the USB installer when doing a fresh install?
Reason I'm asking is because I want to do a direct update from 10.10 but still want to prepare an Installer. What were the troubles the install process gave you when you tried to install with kexts to patch section exactly?
Good question. I still don't understand why it's happening. I know for sure that with a generic config (e.g. the one created with the new UniBeast) it works. Then step by step I kept deleting useless stuff from config, and added our patch, flags etc... The issue is that during boot it gets stuck on apple logo, or sometimes boot loop.

@giacomoleopardo

Just to know. Which MaciASL version are you using? There're are at the moment different versions "running" around in the net and some create bugs (like MaciASL 1.4 (269) with compiler version 20140926 - compiler version you can find under MaciASL => Preferences => iASL)

Thanks in advance
Huberer

@giacomoleopardo

Just to know. Which MaciASL version are you using? There're are at the moment different versions "running" around in the net and some create bugs (like MaciASL 1.4 (269) with compiler version 20140926 - compiler version you can find under MaciASL => Preferences => iASL)

Thanks in advance
Huberer
I did use v. 1.3, but with v. 1.4 with ACPI Specification 5.1, iASL update to 20140926-64 works pretty good
MaciASL.png

Thanks for the info giacomoleopardo

And this DCPI screenshot still looks susp to me..

Can someone check their SubVen SubDev values for PCI Express x 16 Controller please?

0000 doesn't look right to me!

View attachment 157603

This is nothing to worry about. I have 2 sub-vendors showing 0000 and 4 sub-devices showing 0000 also. Vendor & device are the main ones to look out for and yours are fine.

Could someone please do me a favour and take a look if the latest istat menus.app is working with the current fakesmc.kext.
just sorting out what is compatible and what not..and i like istat a lot :)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for clarifyng that. And now I remember why I did that edit.
If I set igpu as primary I don't get a picture with my lg34um95-p until i enter desktop which is mandatory for me because i can't access bios or windows in clover boot screen.
Anyway, a huuuge thanks for that! :)
Maybe things will change when i'll pickup the asus gtx970 itx gfx next week..the discrete gtx670 that i own now only supports uefi with a modded bios, could be that this is the reason.

If you remember in the early stages of using this board, we discovered issues when using built-in HDMI and not getting output in the early stages or with certain boot cd's. The edit may help to fix that.

With a discrete gpu you won't need to worry about that anyway.

:)

What I'm thinking is that we could produce one fully patched DSDT with all the edits we know about incorporated into it.

I'm sure other users would benefit too.

I normally recommend people patch their own, but this is a lot of work as it stands, and we are getting some good results with the current edits.

What do you guys think ?
Beta testers needed.
Steps:
  1. Extract Native DSDT.aml from Windows with AIDA64 Engineer (or use the one attached down here)
  2. Set MacASL\Preferences\iASL\Compiler Options\ACPI Specification as 5.0A
    157777-acpi-set-maciasl.png
  3. Patch\Open ---> select attached 01 - Patch AIO ASRock Z87E ITX
  4. Apply
  5. Close
  6. Compile
  7. Save as DSDT.aml ---> File Format ACPI Machine Language Binary
For those who don't need USB 2.0 internal header and want to avoid USB limit Binary patch in Clover\config.plist, after step #4, do
  • Open ---> select attached 02 - remove USB 2.0 internal
  • Apply
then proceed to Close, Compile and Save.

Attached here AIO Z87E ITX folder with
  • 01 - Patch AIO ASRock Z87E ITX
  • 02 - remove USB 2.0 internal
  • aida_dsdt.aml
Please report results. Thanks

Attachments

• AIO Z87E ITX.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try this as soon as I get home :thumbup:

Could you please do me a favour and tell me what settings you did when creating the USB installer within Clover installer itself?
Unfortunately Tony's guide isn't specific about that..
I'll attempt a direct update from yosemite but it would be good to have a functioning USB key if things go south.

Thanks in advance :)
UniBeast works as expected, here are some USB set up screenshots
157999-uni-01.png

158000-uni-02.png

158001-uni-03.png

158002-uni-04.png

158003-uni-05.png

158004-uni-06.png
Actually I prefer create my own USB bootable installer, downloading via CloverGrowerPro the latest Clover pkg, and customizing my own config.plist. The less i put in there the best it would be.
Attached my config.plist for USB bootable drive, drivers64UEFI folder and kexts folder, just in case somebody need them. Good luck!

Oh, BTW, UPDATED TO 10.11.1 COMBO UPDATE, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK REALLY GOOD! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Z87E ITXUSB EFI.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back