Contribute
Register

Wonkeydonkey's Reboot Build - Steambox Pro MkII - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4790K - AMD R9 380 Compact ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! WonkeyDonkey & I were answering TpwUK's post at the same time. I like WD's reply - mine is a tad verbose. :lol:

@ Stork & Wonkey Donkey

Great answers guys ...

Verbose is good though :)

Verbose is what i need these days - lol

Martin

Nice build, congratulations¡¡

How do you get all steps in power management?

Nice build, congratulations¡¡

How do you get all steps in power management?

The steps tell you exactly what I did to get power management. Read and comply with all 6 steps at the section labelled 'iMac15,1, DSDT, SSDT, Configuration' and you should be good to go.

:)

Hello,

I'm looking to buy Sapphire or MSI R9 380 4GB card very soon, will the OC'd 4GB variant of R9 380 works out of box too?

Is there any guarantee that this card will work on El Capitan?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm looking to buy Sapphire or MSI R9 380 4GB card very soon, will the OC'd 4GB variant of R9 380 works out of box too?

Is there any guarantee that this card will work on El Capitan?

Thanks.

There are no guarantees. The R9 380 I have works OOB but only for any 2 ports on the card, so if you want to use more than 2 monitors, you need to find something else. I would expect it to work the same if Im honest though.

I have not got involved with any of the El Cap early versions yet; I prefer to wait for the final release, you can read about current issues in the forums though.

I'm positive R9 380 will be supported in El Capitan final version considering the very same Tonga chip is used in iMac 5K retina.

Thanks for you reply :thumbup:

I'm positive R9 380 will be supported in El Capitan final version considering the very same Tonga chip is used in iMac 5K retina.

Hope you're right...we'll see.

I think youre probably right, but we need proper graphics injection working to get the most out of these cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back