Contribute
Register

Wondering if my laptop is sorta compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Specs are on the attached picture.

Don't really care if stuff such as Bluetooth works or not.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 4.43.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 4.43.39 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
If Nvidia is Optimus, not supported (as per FAQ).
But the CPU is supported as is HD4000 (if it has it)...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Yep, the gpu is indeed optimus. Bummer.

I could still somehow disable the GPU and use my integrated graphics though, correct? Guess it wont really matter if the perfomance aint the best.

Will read that guide now. Thanks for such a fast reply.

Yep, the gpu is indeed optimus. Bummer.

I could still somehow disable the GPU and use my integrated graphics though, correct? Guess it wont really matter if the perfomance aint the best.

Will read that guide now. Thanks for such a fast reply.

If you follow the guide, you'll be using HD4000.
You can disable Nvidia via ACPI patching (for power savings). Guide is linked from the FAQ.

If you follow the guide, you'll be using HD4000.
You can disable Nvidia via ACPI patching (for power savings). Guide is linked from the FAQ.

I'll follow the guide in the course of the week, will be sure to quote you on this thread to ensure you find out how things turned out and if I need an extra hand getting things to work (which I predict I will lol).

1)Wifi is supported, right? As I think I only saw ethernet solutions on the guide. Might be wrong though, didn't read it with my 1000% attention if I'm totally honest with ya, will do once I'm ready to proceed though.
2)All the steps mentioned in the guide that require a mac can equally be done on my current working desktop hack, correct?

Thanks.

1)Wifi is supported, right?

Not possible to know. You provided no details on your WiFi hardware. Please read the FAQ.

2)All the steps mentioned in the guide that require a mac can equally be done on my current working desktop hack, correct?

Mac or working hack required, so yes...

Not possible to know. You provided no details on your WiFi hardware. Please read the FAQ.

I thought I did :O. Wonder if you checked the picture on the initial thread? Let me know cause afaik it's there.

I thought I did :O. Wonder if you checked the picture on the initial thread? Let me know cause afaik it's there.

The image has no details.
Read the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back