Graphics
Intel HD 4600, Sapphire 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to squeeze the most out of my old Macbook Pro 3,1 (2.2 gHz Core 2 Duo from late 2007), and wonder if Clover would help me out with a few things.

First of all, in order to run cooler and extend battery life, I am currently using CoolBook (http://www.coolbook.se/CoolBook.html) on Yosemite with a few tweaks (like deleting a couple of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts and adding NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler kexts). It "sort of" works, allowing me to undervolt the CPU at higher clock values, but it seems like at lower clock values the default apple kexts can bring the voltage even further down.

Will Clover+custom SSDT allow me to set the voltages manually for different Speedstep CPU clock values?

Another thing I wanted to try (probably wishful thinking though) is somehow forcing the intel ICH-8 M SATA controller to operate at 3 Gbit/s with the SSD drive installed. I know about the deliberate limitation to 1.5 Gbit/s to support the PATA DVD combo drive, but my drive has been long gone anyway.

Is it all worth a hustle?

I am trying to squeeze the most out of my old Macbook Pro 3,1 (2.2 gHz Core 2 Duo from late 2007), and wonder if Clover would help me out with a few things.

First of all, in order to run cooler and extend battery life, I am currently using CoolBook (http://www.coolbook.se/CoolBook.html) on Yosemite with a few tweaks (like deleting a couple of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts and adding NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler kexts). It "sort of" works, allowing me to undervolt the CPU at higher clock values, but it seems like at lower clock values the default apple kexts can bring the voltage even further down.

Will Clover+custom SSDT allow me to set the voltages manually for different Speedstep CPU clock values?

Another thing I wanted to try (probably wishful thinking though) is somehow forcing the intel ICH-8 M SATA controller to operate at 3 Gbit/s with the SSD drive installed. I know about the deliberate limitation to 1.5 Gbit/s to support the PATA DVD combo drive, but my drive has been long gone anyway.

Is it all worth a hustle?
Clover will not help you a bit on a "real" Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back