i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!

I'm in the process to build up a new rig, the cheapest possible, that would serve on purpose of being an OSX Server that makes TM backups of my PCs, backup of my jobs directories, and makes home sharing of my iTunes Library. That's it for now.

For this purpose I need a motherboard that can surely work with WOL. If it can also wake up when totally being off it will be a HUGE plus! (using magic packet method or similar).

Thanks! :)

Hi all!

I'm in the process to build up a new rig, the cheapest possible, that would serve on purpose of being an OSX Server that makes TM backups of my PCs, backup of my jobs directories, and makes home sharing of my iTunes Library. That's it for now.

For this purpose I need a motherboard that can surely work with WOL. If it can also wake up when totally being off it will be a HUGE plus! (using magic packet method or similar).

Thanks! :)

If I remember correctly the two small CustoMac mini builds in the buyers guides feature WOL as an option. The GA-H87N-WIFI & GA-Z87N-WIFI should be reasonably inexpensive.
The manuals are available from here:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4601#manual

You should confirm that this information is correct before making a purchase.

Adrian B

My experience leads me to tell you that Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi does wake on Lan from sleep, but not fron Power off.
Good luck and please keep your results posted! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back