Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,
I have been using the iBoot + Multibeast method to install Snow Leopard on a Dell Optiplex 760. Everything is pretty much working (I'm using it as a server so the lack of graphics isn't an issue) but I'm having lots of problems with Wake on LAN. After a couple of BIOS updates and reinstalls of Snow Leopard, I've managed to figure out that the system will WOL if I physically hold the power button, and force the system to cut out. However, if I use the shutdown function from within OSX, the system will not wake afterwards. Seemingly, OSX doesn't shutdown 'enough' or tell my BIOS that it has shutdown. If I'm honest, I'm completely stumped as to how to go about solving the issue.

Does anyone have any bright ideas I can try?

Thanks!

Hi Eddible,

sorry this is not an answer to your question but I am trying to make a hakintosh of my optiplex 760 and have a few questions. Is your mentioned problem the only one that you have ran into? Which changes did you make to the bios? Which version of iBoot did you use as I tried to use the default one and it will not boot into it (even after changing the bios settings obviously)

If you could give me a hand that would be great.

thank you,

kh1902

All I did was set the bios to default and set the hard drive to AHCI. Then I just booted from boot, swapped the disk and it installed without fuss. With multi beast, I used easybeast with the intel enabled for the ethernet and I had a working system, even updated to .7 with no issue. But I only get 1024x768 graphics, I haven't looked into whether I can get the audio to work and I haven't had any luck with getting it to sleep correctly.

Hi,

I have managed to get it installed after a bios update and change in settings. I am however having trouble getting easybeast working so that i can boot without the disk. Atm i am constantly getting a message informing me that i need to restart the computer by holding down the power button. Would you be so kind as to inform me of how you managed to to get easy boot working? and possibly how to delete the current multibeast data that is on (i deleted the folder that was in the home folder but that was quite small so i assume not all of the files are installed there).

thank you,

kh1902

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back