Graphics
GA Radeon HD6870 super overclock
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@curro: to be clear: this command fix only CMOS reset issue after wake from sleep in Lion. It will not solve the problem with sleep itself. :(
So you must have sleep working first and when you get CMOS reset, then use this command to fix CMOS reset. ;)

Re: Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with ATI 5870 – 10.6.8 and Lion

Sleep is working great for me, along with WOL. I'm on 1.1 for P67A-UD3-B3. Maybe sleep only works on 1.1? Followed all guides to the letter (first Gordo's, then the 10.6.8, then Tony's 10.7 guide).

I did have to run the CMOS reset fix. Thanks for posting that!

I'm on F4. Have not tried the F5 beta yet.

Edit: Sleep does have one oddity. Mouse can wake the machine, but it won't wake a sleeping display. I must use the keyboard for that. This is regardless of whether the machine went to sleep or not: as long as the display is in power save mode, I must use the keyboard to turn on the display. 10.6.8 did not have this.

iRobie said:
Sleep is working great for me, along with WOL. I'm on 1.1 for P67A-UD3-B3. Maybe sleep only works on 1.1? Followed all guides to the letter (first Gordo's, then the 10.6.8, then Tony's 10.7 guide).

I did have to run the CMOS reset fix. Thanks for posting that!

I'm on F4. Have not tried the F5 beta yet.

Edit: Sleep does have one oddity. Mouse can wake the machine, but it won't wake a sleeping display. I must use the keyboard for that. This is regardless of whether the machine went to sleep or not: as long as the display is in power save mode, I must use the keyboard to turn on the display. 10.6.8 did not have this.

Good news, hopefully I can get similar results since it sounds like we're in the same boat. I may wait one more day to update though and see what pops up. Just FYI, on my Mac Pro which I upped to 10.7 yesterday, the keyboard is now required to wake the displays. So this seems to be new normal behavior or a bug with the OS itself.

iRobie said:

Hey there,
How were you able to get WOL in Lion? I've been trying for two days and I can't seem to get it to work like it did in my SL install. I have all my energy options checked. My BIOS is set for WOL, at least I think it is. I had to suffer through several CMOS resets before getting it fixed so I may have missed something in all the frustration. Thanks.

macaddictcr said:
Hey there,
How were you able to get WOL in Lion? I've been trying for two days and I can't seem to get it to work like it did in my SL install. I have all my energy options checked. My BIOS is set for WOL, at least I think it is. I had to suffer through several CMOS resets before getting it fixed so I may have missed something in all the frustration. Thanks.

Well, I'm not sure. I didn't mess with energy saver settings at all. Just default settings on the 1.1 board. I also didn't mess with BIOS settings: load optimized settings, then change AHCI and 64-bit HPET. That's it.

My energy saver settings:
[Checked] Put the hard disks to sleep
[Checked] Allow power button to put the computer to sleep
[Checked] Startup automatically after a power failure
[Unchecked] Restart automatically if the computer freezes

iRobie said:
macaddictcr said:
Hey there,

Well, I'm not sure. I didn't mess with energy saver settings at all. Just default settings on the 1.1 board. I also didn't mess with BIOS settings: load optimized settings, then change AHCI and 64-bit HPET. That's it.

I have the same settings. I was able to send a wake signal from my router which would power up my computer with no screen but then revert back to sleep again after a few seconds. Sending a second wake signal before it dozed off again didn't work either. After going back to my SL backup I've determined that there is something in lion not allowing it to wake fully.

macaddictcr said:
iRobie said:
macaddictcr said:
Hey there,

I have the same settings. I was able to send a wake signal from my router which would power up my computer with no screen but then revert back to sleep again after a few seconds. Sending a second wake signal before it dozed off again didn't work either. After going back to my SL backup I've determined that there is something in lion not allowing it to wake fully.

same happens to me, it sleeps fine now with new video card. But doesnt wake up.

macaddictcr said:

This happens to me too. I can sometimes work around it by sending WOL from 2 different sources over and over.

Looks like there's a fix:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33379

Add darkwake=0 to your kernel flags

I'll try it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back