Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everything was going great until last Thursday. At that time I decided to mess with stuff, and now I'm paying for it. So I know my hardware is capable of working as expected. On Thursday I added darkwake=0, and upgraded to Lnx2Mac's latest driver. Since then...

The basic problem is my Lion install is having WOL problems. Hub that's connected shows a disconnected device on sleep. Again, working up until last Thursday. But, it's also taking ~10 seconds to fall asleep, and on waking it's now taking ~5 seconds to wake the wired mouse.

Curveball: these problems go away after booting into Windows.

So here's a timeline:
Boot into Lion: problems (no WOL, long sleep, long wake)
Boot into Windows. Do nothing except reboot.
Boot into Lion: happy as a clam!
Reboot Lion: problems

Very very odd! And this is new behavior, hasn't been like this all summer.

Clean Lion install (DSDT, fakesmc, and cmos reset fix) shows the same problems. I think. I verified the first 3 steps, didn't check step 4 (didn't think about it at the time).

My hunch is the computer is hibernating for some strange reason. pmset -g shows identical output when working and when not working (hibernatemode 0).

I looked at my log files but didn't see anything related to sleep, either working or not working.

Attached is pmset -g output.

Has anyone heard of something like this? Is there a way to check the sleep state after it's slept? Or any way to make sure it's not hibernating?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Notworking.png
    Notworking.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 104
I've verified that a 100% clean install has the same problem. I flipped hibernatemode=3 to test if forcing hibernation would work, and it didn't solve the problem.

The clean install has the same WOL behavior (works 1 reboot after booting into Windows), but it's instant on/instant off. So that rules out the machine secretly hibernating. Just WOL errors left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back