Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> With the 10.15.1 Update Have have the "NO HDMI" Problem w/Sapphire RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for answer, but I don’t understand because HDMI physical port doesn’t work. Is this a limit or incompatibility of my Hackintosh?

I do not know, but if the DP work then get a DP ---> HDMI cable and move on. The standard fixes did not work for you so that is all I got.

I do not know, but if the DP work then get a DP ---> HDMI cable and move on. The standard fixes did not work for you so that is all I got.

Thank you, probably my gpu isn’t 100% compatible.

RX 580 here, using only display ports. was having issues with HDMI as well but all good with display port. find a display port to HDMI for your system

RX 580 here, using only display ports. was having issues with HDMI as well but all good with display port. find a display port to HDMI for your system
Thank you !

you could try agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments, even though it was said to be fixed and not needed. I have never gotten any kind of black screen till 15.1 and it was fixed with that boot argument.

Thanks a lot. That worked for me :thumbup:

Did you try the boot argument agdpmod=pikera ?
Unfortunately, the boot argument still doesn't solve my problem After installing Catalina, whenever after verbose logging was completed, and then it becomes black. I have tried the DP to HDMI route, added the boot argument - agdpmod=pikera, and I have tried injecting ATI via Clover. Thus far, nothing works. The only clue i have is AO code showing up on my gigabyte MoBo.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the boot argument still doesn't solve my problem After installing Catalina, whenever after verbose logging was completed, and then it becomes black. I have tried the DP to HDMI route, added the boot argument - agdpmod=pikera, and I have tried injecting ATI via Clover. Thus far, nothing works. The only clue i have is AO code showing up on my gigabyte MoBo.

Here is a copy of my MSI Z170 EFI put it on a flash drive and boot from it see if it works. Not that Z170 or Z370 require much different configs.

I cycled the board numbers and UUIDs before I uploaded it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.8 MB · Views: 115
Thank you! I will try it out. To ensure that I do it right - copy the config from your EFI and place it in my USB installer's EFI. OR would you recommend that I copy everything from your zip file and overwrite the EFI with your files? Let me know which route I should try out. One last thing - to ensure that I keep the software keys and so forth, can I copy the system system serial number from my previous working config and paste it in there to ensure that I don't have to activate everything again - or would that cause issues? it all started when I tried to update to Catalina...the life of Hackintosher...

Thank you! I will try it out. To ensure that I do it right - copy the config from your EFI and place it in my USB installer's EFI. OR would you recommend that I copy everything from your zip file and overwrite the EFI with your files? Let me know which route I should try out. One last thing - to ensure that I keep the software keys and so forth, can I copy the system system serial number from my previous working config and paste it in there to ensure that I don't have to activate everything again - or would that cause issues? it all started when I tried to update to Catalina...the life of Hackintosher...

I would delete the one on what ever test drive you are using and reboot a few times. Preferably you would want to use a flash drive that you do not rely on to bring your system back. You can edit the config I sent you and change out the numbers to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back