r9 290x + 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I bought 2 cards for testing wifi.

One:
Dlink DWA-547 - had to edit a bunch of very deep system setting to get it to work at all and it is still giving me KPs. It is a faster card but the KPs kinda make it not worth while.

Two:
Dlink DWL-G50 - PCi
It's old and slow but seems to work at least. Plugged it in and it runs 64bit and 32Bit. No KPs so far. Max speed is 3.33MBs - pretty slow in my book as my Wired ether does 85MBs

I'm still not happy and will order some more cards for testing but this is what I have today.

r.

Hi Guys,

I can't get my DLINK DWG-574 working. Any suggestions?

sialmas said:
Hi Guys,

I can't get my DLINK DWG-574 working. Any suggestions?

Did you mean Dlink DWA-547?

574 I have not tried.

Of everything I have tried I have found the "real airport" solution to be best. Using a PCi adapter to put in an actual mac airport.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1143&hilit=real+airport

I had a lot of issues with Dlink DWA-547 and don't recommend it. I had to edit tons of stuff to get it recognized and it still gave me Kernel Panics. Pretty much threw it in the trash.

Hope that helps

r.

DWA-556 PCIe works out of the box. :D

Jocelyn84 said:
wow. awesome. so, no drivers or weird software or anything? just plug it in and able to use all the normal apple utilities? this could be very good news as much as like my homemade apple airport card, i think this is much more useful

humara said:
Jocelyn84 said:
wow. awesome. so, no drivers or weird software or anything? just plug it in and able to use all the normal apple utilities? this could be very good news as much as like my homemade apple airport card, i think this is much more useful

I have a linksus PCI card witch is reconised by the system as a airport card, but i is rather slow.
I also have a D-link DWL-G510 - but can not get it to work -any sugestions???

(minde the spelling :| )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back