Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone know of a wireless NIC adapter for Hackintosh that works OOB? I tried a Belkin N300 and it didn't work.

Thank you in advance

Hi, noob question, sorry - does the Belkin N300 work with its own network utility or can AirPort be used?

Thanks in advance

idee said:
Hi, noob question, sorry - does the Belkin N300 work with its own network utility or can AirPort be used?

Thanks in advance

It works with its own network utility, called "Wireless Network Utility". When you download the 10.6 package from the RealTek site and install that, the utility is in your Applications.

I just got the Belkin N300 F7D2101deSH delivered. Installed the 10.6 package from RealTek on my 10.7.1 Hackintosh, shutdown, inserted the USB WLAN adapter and booted again. The adapter is immediately recognized and added as a new network in the System Preferences.

After that, start the Wireless Network Utility, select the network that you want to connect to and insert the WPA2 key. Press connect and I was online. Online in under 5 minutes.

Kudos to all that tested this before me!

Thanks, that helps me make my decision - i'm going with the "real" airport card method as I want my computer to be as Maclike as possible. Will keep the N300 in mind as a backup though :)

I'm having problems getting my Belkin N300 USB to be recongnized.

I;ve downloaded the Realtek driver and installed it but no luck.

I click on the wireless network utility and it jumps continiously.

Help

gigabyte h67m-d2-b3 mother board
i3 intel chip

tks

Using the "Wireless Network Utility" I can get the Belkin N300 to connect to my Airport Express base station. But when I reboot the system the interface remains in "Cable Unplugged" mode and does not automatically reconnect to the wifi network by. I need to use the Wireless Network Utility again and manually connect.

Anyone seen this before and got a solution to that?

How does it work for people that have this running on Lion? Does your system automatically connect to the wifi network?

Thx

dadmac said:
I'm having problems getting my Belkin N300 USB to be recongnized.

I;ve downloaded the Realtek driver and installed it but no luck.

I click on the wireless network utility and it jumps continiously.

Help

gigabyte h67m-d2-b3 mother board
i3 intel chip

tks

same problem here. I have to force quit the network utility!

Acer Aspire One d255e, 10.7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back