Motherboard
ASRock H97M-ITX/AC
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
This may be somewhat of a stupid question so please forgive my ignorance.

I have put together a new machine that uses an ASRock H170M itx/ac motherboard and have managed to get the machine to the point where you can enter the BIOS (F2). I cannot however get my wireless keyboard (Logitech K350) to connect so that I can proceed past this point.

Note that I have not installed the wifi/bluetooth card that comes with the motherboard as it is intel based and incompatible with OS X. I have a compatible card on order but have yet to receive it. Do I require to have the Broadcom wifi/BT card installed in order to be able to use a wireless keyboard and, if so, is it possible to boot the machine with a wired keyboard connected via the PS-2 connector.

Please help!

The Logitech K350 uses the Logitech Unified Received/Transmitter. It does not work in the BIOS. You'll need a wired keyboard or have your Broadcom wifi/BT card installed and use BT keyboard.

Personally, I use a USB keyboard to connect to the BIOS. As for using a PS/2 keyboard...well, I've always used a Mac so I don't have any experience using the PS/2.

The Logitech K350 uses the Logitech Unified Received/Transmitter. It does not work in the BIOS. You'll need a wired keyboard or have your Broadcom wifi/BT card installed and use BT keyboard.

Personally, I use a USB keyboard to connect to the BIOS. As for using a PS/2 keyboard...well, I've always used a Mac so I don't have any experience using the PS/2.

I managed to get into the BIOS using an old Microsoft Multimedia keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is connected via PS/2 while the mouse is connected via USB. This allowed me to make the necessary changes to the BIOS prior to installing from the install USB that I created using Unibeast. Unfortunately the install hangs at an early stage (see attached pic).

IMG_0871.jpg

Unfortunately the install hangs at an early stage (see attached pic).
Try at Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clovers config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back