Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
for the past few days i have decided to build my own hackintosh desktop and I'll go with Tony's customac pro 2010 with some small twists (i7 950 and Radeon HD 5870 1 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card 100281SR). however, I know i really NEED the wireless connection because it's pretty impossible to have cable all around the house.

so here's my question, which model of wireless card should i get? if i need to make it myself can somebody give me some resources? I personally prefer buying since i am not that good at hardware and DIY. as soon as i am clear with the wifi, I can order the parts and start building. please help!

I've seen D-link DWA-556 wireless N PCI listed in several forum members' signature block.

Try searching the MacRumors forums for a compatible, 3rd party PCI card. Additionally, xlr8yourmac has useful info on what chipsets/drivers are required to work on a desktop Mac.

I know you said you didn't want to build, but this article on a do-it-yourself Apple compatible 11n PCI-e card caught my eye when I saw it referenced on this forum. I've taken delivery of the two components, and I'm going to build it over Thanksgiving vacation time. Seems easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back