Contribute
Register

[WIP] VoodooI2C I2C Trackpad (Limited Support)

Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G4
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620 (1920*1080)
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
wrong post

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone,

I tried to make a kext disabler for the I2C Lpss kexts. If it works, it should prevent the I2C lpss kexts from loading. I can't test this right now because I don't have my I2C system with me at the moment. If anyone would like to try it, it's attached to this post.
Just updated to 10.12.6, so had an opportunity to test.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work and the Lpss kexts are still loaded...

I made a disabler kext myself, and it did disable the Lpss kexts, but for some reason VoodooI2C wasn't loaded as well. (and also couldn't be manually loaded with terminal...)

Motherboard
ASUS Zenbook UX310UA-Clover
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
ok, maybe not full "multitouch" as we have in real mac ;) but all basic needs like: navigaing, scrollin edge, scrolling 2fingers vertical, horizontal etc
For me i don;t need more on hackintosh ;)

So i would be great to have working kext for that touchpad ;)
This is really interesting. I don't have the knowledge to port a Linux driver to the Mac, but it will be great if someone here can check this and add what's needed in Voodoo I2C to achieve basic multitouch gestures with ELAN 1200 (and this may also fix the problem with not waking up after sleep). I'm seeing many laptops now with this trackpad model.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Of course, I have installed Sierra on first partition of SDD (because I use dualboot with Windows, OS Sierra must be on the first partition, it is important!) guide for instalation is here on forum. I send you my EFI folder. Also, I have installed patched Apple HDA, I2c controller for trackpad, AsusFnKeys.kext and other important kexts. I useVoodooI2Ccontroller for ELAN 1200 (see the first post) and I have deactivated touchscreen (FTSC1000) on DSDT file.
thank you so much sir!
btw the touch screen can be work?

Motherboard
msi p67a-gd65
CPU
i7-2600k
Graphics
xfx 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I've been trying to patch my DSDT for my latitude e5480 with patches INT3442/INT3443, I have been having compile issues with trying to fix the errors.

Attachments

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 710-11isk
CPU
M5-6Y54
Graphics
Intel HD 515
Yoga 710-11isk trying to get the touchscreen and the touchpad working, I tried the INT3443 and INT3442 patch, and deleting the appleI2c kexts but I get a freeze on boot just after loading the ACPI tables.
I had three errors during compiling DSDT which I tried to fix but think I must have not worked.

Attached is my config.plist, my DSDT with just the common patches applied from the rehab guide, and my IOREG.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've been trying to patch my DSDT for my latitude e5480 with patches INT3442/INT3443, I have been having compile issues with trying to fix the errors.
I don't think you need INT3443 patch (and INT3442 is irrelevant for you, trackpad is on INT3443)
Just use the Windows 2015 patch.
Upload an IOReg with a DSDT containing that OS Patch.

Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yoga 710-11isk trying to get the touchscreen and the touchpad working, I tried the INT3443 and INT3442 patch, and deleting the appleI2c kexts but I get a freeze on boot just after loading the ACPI tables.
I had three errors during compiling DSDT which I tried to fix but think I must have not worked.

Attached is my config.plist, my DSDT with just the common patches applied from the rehab guide, and my IOREG.

Any help much appreciated.
Nothing attached :(

J

JAPBIC

This is becoming off-topic in this thread.
Post a new thread in the appropriate forum (Sierra/El Capitan Laptop support), so you'll first have a correct setup.
When you have it, please reply here.
When you reply, please keep your DSDT clean from any edit related to VoodooI2C. Patch it correctly but 'ignore' the trackpad.

You also need a correct config.plist... Read the Clover guide.

And on your thread, attach 'Problem Reporting' files, described in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Read it carefully, notice the files you need to attach, the procedure and which commands you should run in terminal.

I tell you to open a new thread because it's a VoodooI2C thread. We can't solve your other problems here :(

I'll try to help in that new thread though :)
Hello, thank you very much for the help, I updated my bios then proceed to decompile my DSDT with ref.txt and apply only the following patches in that order:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT / PPNT"
"Add IMEI"
"8-Series USB"
"USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)"
"ASUS N555L"
"Layout 3 Audio"

Delete: AppleHPM.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext
The voodooi2c works perfect only after sleep for half an hour or so the trackpad does not work, the screen turns off and wake.
Also when I try to apply the patches of INT3442 and INT3443 I skip this error which I do not understand its origin since I have successfully unconfined with ref.txt several times and remains
When I do not use voodooi2c.kext the sleep works perfectly without any problem. I have not applied: Skylake LPC because it generates errors and I do not rename _DSM methods to XDSM.

Thank you very much, I attached my DSDT.dsl and IORegistry, I hope you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to not have the kernel panic after sleep. Sorry for my bad english

Thank you.

Attachments