Contribute
Register

[WIP] VoodooI2C I2C Trackpad (Limited Support)

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You should fix your kext situation first, then see if there is still a problem.
As mentioned many places here.... all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
Kext injection is only for "essential" kexts used for the installer and recovery partitions (you have a giant mess in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12).

Don't forget to set config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect".

Note also that your ACPI setup is completely wrong. See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

It's strange... i've heard that is much better when OS is clean as possible and we shouldn't change S/L/E if we don't have to... that's why i'm trying to modify only files in EFI.

I've red your DSDT guide many times ;) and did everything started from "Preparing tools for disassembly" to "Fixing Errors"
From "Common Patches" i did almost all:

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

I've
- moved VoodooI2C.kext(kext in Debug.zip) to L/E
- remove AppleHPM.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext from S/L/E
and now i see that kext loaded but there is no info in system prefs "no trackpad found" and no scrolling.
Code:
[23:43:56] gulios :: Gulioss-ZenBook-Pro  ➜  /Users/gulios » sudo kextcache -i /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooI2C.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHPM; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 69F5631000F8D5E974B7E0D731B2CF40

any ideas?

Thank you !

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS GL502VS
CPU
i7 6700HQ // HM170
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @SherM4n

I followed very simple steps which will work in 502vs and 502vy as I checked myself.
(Check I2C Device are working properly using ioregist before doing this patch. Under I2C Devices u can see AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext)
1-- Remove AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext
2-- Rebuild Cache and permission
3-- Restart
4-- Install VoodooI2C.kext to S/L/E
5-- Rebuilt Cache and Permission
6-- Restart

May this will work for u.

Note: 1)-Trackpad won't work after sleep and won't work when u restart your pc from windows. U have to shutdown windows and boot into hackintosh.
2)- If u already tried Ur DSDT patch u have to undo it. And start from scratch . Its Very simple . But if u tried different methods this method will not work. I took almost a week to get it working.

Thanks
Thanks man, I will try that.
BTW, did you fix the audio? I got audio once but then updated to 10.12.5 and it got broken again. Then trying to fix it I broke the hole installation that;s why Im fresh installing :p

Motherboard
Asus GL502vy
CPU
i7 6700hq
Graphics
Nvidia GTX980M 8gb
Mobile Phone
Android

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's strange... i've heard that is much better when OS is clean as possible and we shouldn't change S/L/E if we don't have to... that's why i'm trying to modify only files in EFI.

I've red your DSDT guide many times ;) and did everything started from "Preparing tools for disassembly" to "Fixing Errors"
From "Common Patches" i did almost all:

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

I've
- moved VoodooI2C.kext(kext in Debug.zip) to L/E
- remove AppleHPM.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext from S/L/E
and now i see that kext loaded but there is no info in system prefs "no trackpad found" and no scrolling.
Code:
[23:43:56] gulios :: Gulioss-ZenBook-Pro  ➜  /Users/gulios » sudo kextcache -i /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooI2C.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHPM; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 69F5631000F8D5E974B7E0D731B2CF40

any ideas?

Thank you !
Your kextcache output still shows kexts not installed properly...

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
this is my current configuration:
VoodooI2C.kext installed to S/L/E
Removed AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext - without that VoodooI2C.kext didn't load.

What works:
- navigation
- left/right click

Not working:
- scrolling
- not working after sleep

I red all post in that topic and i see there is huge problem to fix touchpads i2c... and for now kext is very limited so we have to wait for better solution.

Now i'm trying to review again list what you gave me:
- USB not implemented correctly
- CPU PM not implemented
- IGPU PM not implemented

maybe you can check again(debug.zip) and point what i should change in my dsdt ;)
As i said all steps and patches i made from guide and some connected to AsusFNbkeys.

Thank you !

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now i'm trying to review again list what you gave me:
- USB not implemented correctly
- CPU PM not implemented
- IGPU PM not implemented

maybe you can check again(debug.zip) and point what i should change in my dsdt ;)
As i said all steps and patches i made from guide and some connected to AsusFNbkeys.

Thank you !
Off-topic. This thread is only for VoodooI2C.

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Asus n552vw
CPU
I7 6700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960m Intel hd 530 3840x2160 UHD Screen
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi!
Could you guys help me please I'm stuck. I haven't been able to get my touchpad to work. I have an ELAN1000. I used the INT342/INT3443 dsdt patches and the VoodooI2C.kext but no success. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the kext and touch screen was working on sp3 el before but after after editing dsdt touch screen not working .can you please help .i have attached dsdt and config.plist. thx

Attachments