Contribute
Register

[WIP] MSI Z77A-G43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board you described does not exist.

Sorry i meant z77a g43

Ok, have you followed all the instructions posted by "dta"?

applemanpro said:
Guys i gave up. i couldnt get my lion unibeast thumb drive to the installer no matter what i did. Only once was i able to get to the apple logo and it froze up. Any pointers guys?

applemanpro said:
My specs are

intel i5 3570k
msi z77a gd 43
onbaord graphics no graphic card
wd caviar blue 1tb hdd

please help

Installation should be working, even with your onboard HD4000 graphics. Are you using the newest version of UniBeast and have you applied BridgeHelper correctly to your thumb drive? (make sure you have manually selected your thumb drive as install location otherwise it will install to your hard drive) Which Lion version are you using for UniBeast (10.7.4 from App Store)?

Also try flashing your BIOS to the newest version available from MSI (currently 2.4) because it adds some features and make sure you have reset all BIOS settings to their defaults.

There should be no modifications to the default BIOS settings needed, but make sure that the following is set:

Settings > Advanced > Integrated Peripherals > SATA Mode (AHCI)
Settings > Advanced > Integrated Peripherals > HPET (Enabled)
OC > CPU Features > Limit CPUID Maximum (Disabled)

I had to activate XMP in OC settings to make the board recognize my ram correctly as 1600, not 1333.
I'm also disabling serial and parallel ports in Settings > Advanced > Super IO Configuration and enabling resume from USB devices so that I can use my mouse or keyboard to wake up my system from sleep.

Well because I don't have access to a
Mac I had a friend do it although I don't know if he did it properly although he is also running a hackintosh so I assume he knows what he was doing

But yeah bios is the same setting as what you recommended I think it's possibly the USB but I won't know till I get back to school or I go to the apple store and make a new one there.

applemanpro said:
But yeah bios is the same setting as what you recommended I think it's possibly the USB but I won't know till I get back to school or I go to the apple store and make a new one there.

I would also say it's the thumb drive ... what do the logs say if you boot into Lion installation with verbose flag set? You can enable it by pressing the down arrow key on Chimera boot screen and select verbose option.

its too fast to read it just keeps going and i dont get a chance to take a picture cause it doesnt stop at all. it just reboots when its finnished.

I just got this same board and the i5 3570k along with 8gb of corsair vengeance ram. I am using the onboard video for now until im able to get a 6870. I have windows 8 installed now and i have to say its not that bad. I will be waiting to install OS X until mountain lion comes out. I have a dilemma and im not sure what to do about it. I dont have access to a mac or a hackintosh so im not sure how im going to make the unibeast usb. I was wondering if somebody would sell me a unibeast usb drive for a fair price. I will of course purchase a mountain lion usb drive from apple when they release it. So what i would be needing is just the unibeast part and not the actual os.

OK guys i finally had a break through today :D i managed to boot from my lion install USB (because i found a way to instal bridge helper) im nearly there i can feel it only thing is i get a loading error during instal i get the apple logo and a small cross out sign on top of it any ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back