Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Graphics
HD3000
[WIP] Lenovo G580 Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Hi, this is a work in progress, just reporting my updates. I have a working 10.9.4 installation with Clover bootloader running on my Lenovo G580 20150, everything works (sleep, brightness, usb, etc.). I want to upgrade to Yosemite.

I'm following this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html so of course all credits go to nguyenmac http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/nguyenmac/

bios-> configuration
wireless lan [disabled]
intel virtual technology [disabled]

bios->boot
boot mode [uefi]
usb boot [enable]

Prepare a USB with 8GB or more, format by Disk Utility:
- Partition Layout: 2 Partitions
- 1st Partition: Name CLOVER, Format: MS-DOS (FAT), Size: >300MB
- 2nd Partition: Name MacUSB, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Size: >7GB
- Options: Master Boot Record

download latest clover image (r2953) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot

install clover to CLOVER partition of usb with following options:
Bootloader -> Install boot0af in MBR
CloverEFI defaults
Drivers64UEFI -> EmuVariableUefi-64
Drivers64UEFI -> OsxLowMemFixDrv-64
Drivers64UEFI -> PartitionDxe-64

- copy over config.plist (see attached), ssdt/dsdt and kexts from 10.9 working Mavericks Clover installation to CLOVER usb partition

- Right click to Yosemite Install app > Show Package Contents > Contents > Shared Support,

- mount InstallESD.dmg.

- Open OS X Install ESD partition,

Terminal: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

- open BaseSystem.dmg (hidden file found in IntstallESD disc)

- Use Disk Utility to restore OS X Base System to MacUSB partition.

- Go to System/Installation of USB and delete the alias “Packages”, go to “OS X Install ESD” partition, copy the “Packages” to the folder System/Installation of your USB

- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB)

- reboot and press F12, select boot from usb UEFI

- boot into clover, choose options configure as follows:
tables dropping menu -> drop all oem ssdt [+]
dsdt fix mask -> fix intelgfx [+]
pci devices -> usb ownership [+]
pci devices -> usb injection [+]
graphics injector menu -> injected [+]

select to boot OS X Base System, wait to load

wham!

installer screen loads!

installer screen loads! (look at those flat surfaces, the shape of the buttons, the menu bar!)

select your hdd or ssd, hit ⌘-L to see progress

restart, press F12 to boot through usb, now select ssd, success!

wham! beautiful Yosemite login screen.

I got the rest of the system working by reusing and fine tuning my previously working config.plist and adding the fine-tuned SSDT and DSDT obtained through these guides (won't repeat the process here):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/112940-guide-mavericks-lenovo-g580.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118805-full-range-brightness-using-acpibacklight.html

additionally I've added these modifications to config.plist (see attached):

- Only right port USB was working. fix: add boot argument -gux_defer_usb2 and remove the XHCI plugin from IOUSBFamily.kext (place in EFI/kexts/10.10) this gets my 3.0 ports to show as USB 3.0 and also got my Wifi+BT bcm94352HMB card to full life. In Mavericks only wifi worked, but now I have full wifi and BT 3.0!!! great news!
- TRIM: add to the KextsToPatch section the following patch
Code:
			<dict>
			    <key>Name</key>
		            <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                		<key>Find</key>
		                <data>
                		QVBQTEUgU1NE
		                </data>
                		<key>Replace</key>
		                <data>
                		AAAAAAAAAAAA
		                </data>
                		<key>Comment</key>
		                <string>Trim Enabler</string>
			</dict>
and add kext-dev-mode=1 to the boot args.

last thing awaiting fix is the USB2.0-CRW card reader but everything else works like a charm. If you need help or clarification just let me know!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 441
... and wham
when the installer should appear: a garbled screen appears, with the multicolor spinning mouse cursor wheel. I can move the mouse cursor but nothing else happens.

——stuck here——

now I'm researching what could have gone wrong and how to fix it... ideas are welcome!

Why not Clover UEFI? Does your laptop not have UEFI support? Seems unlikely...

config.plist is bad (Don't use DSDT "Fixes"). Use one of the config.plist from nguyenmac as a base.

Why not Clover UEFI? Does your laptop not have UEFI support? Seems unlikely...

config.plist is bad (Don't use DSDT "Fixes"). Use one of the config.plist from nguyenmac as a base.

Thank you for your reply rehabam! I'm actually using Clover UEFI. I've cleaned the clover up and am now using nguyenmac's clean config.plist

After the apple + progress bar I now boot into a forbidden sign (which at least isn't garbled!):

attachment.php

never seen this sign before, and -v doesn't show any info. any clues?

Attachments

• IMG_20141019_231342-small-small.jpg
    IMG_20141019_231342-small-small.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply rehabam! I'm actually using Clover UEFI. I've cleaned the clover up and am now using nguyenmac's clean config.plist

After the apple + progress bar I now boot into a forbidden sign (which at least isn't garbled!):

108229d1413771675t-wip-lenovo-g580-yosemite-clover-img_20141019_231342-small-small.jpg

never seen this sign before, and -v doesn't show any info. any clues?

Boot verbose and show photo (Hit space bar, choose to boot verbose).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tut estamosenelfuturo:clap:

I have a lenovo g580 (2189) which is slightly different, but anyway, i'll follow your tutorial. I'll post my results in the next days!

thanks for your job!

Hi!

I have the Lenovo G580 working with Yosemite, I´m having issues with sleep, power management and HDMI sound, but everything else works ok :D

This is my config.plist (without SMBIOS)

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Hi!

I have the Lenovo G580 working with Yosemite, I´m having issues with sleep, power management and HDMI sound, but everything else works ok :D

This is my config.plist (without SMBIOS)

Please use an attachment (edit your post).

Rehab thank you very much with my Unibeast Installation my next step is a clean Clover Installation

can u help me wich settings are the right for an proper installation of yosemite on my lenovo g580 2189 with clover?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back