Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a lot of work on config file and searching of info I succefully installed Big Sur.
Thank you all for help.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-11-16 в 15.09.58.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-11-16 в 15.09.58.png
    10.4 MB · Views: 138
No its not, hadn't even ever tried it until you asked. I've updated to OC6.3 and am successfully running OSX 11.1 though.
Nice! Atm I'll stay in Mojave, I prefer it to be honest.

But if you stumble upon a solution for the sd card reader feel free to let me know! It is always usefull.

By the way what's your experience with palm rejection with this build? I can't say it has been easy for me, if I keep my palms around the keyboard the cursours jump and press everywhere.

By the way what's your experience with palm rejection with this build? I can't say it has been easy for me, if I keep my palms around the keyboard the cursours jump and press everywhere.
It can be a pain, no help for it except to disable the I2C kexts which enable touch gestures. Found a solution for the card reader, add this kext and call for it in your config.plist.

Attachments

• Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 110
It can be a pain, no help for it except to disable the I2C kexts which enable touch gestures. Found a solution for the card reader, add this kext and call for it in your config.plist.
I feel like even more than palm rejection the problem is touch to click. It's too sensitive even when scrolling with two fingers. If you disable that everything is fine. I guess more recent versions of I2C didn't made that aspect better right? I should ask on a specific topic.

Sweeet for the card reader!! Thanks a lot. I'm new to hackintosh so I'll have to study a bit more to understand how Clover Configurator works, how to install manually etc. I'm scared to mess things up, I've just made it work. But I'll report back as soon as I find the courage.

You can adjust the touch pad settings in system preferences, maybe change one touch click to "firm". I assumed you were using open core, with Clover just mount the hidden EFI partition and then add the kext to EFI/Clover/ Kexts/Other or where you other kexts are. Reboot and done...

You can adjust the touch pad settings in system preferences, maybe change one touch click to "firm". I assumed you were using open core, with Clover just mount the hidden EFI partition and then add the kext to EFI/Clover/ Kexts/Other or where you other kexts are. Reboot and done...
Ah! Then I was onto the right track :) Perfect, thanks.

edit: aand it works!

changing it to firm doesn't really do anything sadly

Last edited:
I have done a lot of searching, but have not found a clear explanation of how to call for it in my config.plist. Would you please explain or provide a link to an explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back