Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I made sure I have the latest version of all the kexts.
Hmmm. I've got a different model but the LuletterSoul EFI folder worked great for me. I've got USBc/ Thunderbolt working as well.

I found there were a couple of old kexts in my /L/E/ directory that I think were conflicting with some kexts in my EFI clover kexts directory. After deleting the old ones, everything seems to be working now.

I found there were a couple of old kexts in my /L/E/ directory that I think were conflicting with some kexts in my EFI clover kexts directory. After deleting the old ones, everything seems to be working now.
There you go, one location or another.

Clean install of Catalina 10.15.3 w/bavariancake EFI last night. Works fantastic, very smooth and rock solid so far. Thanks everyone!

I have xps 9570 i7 8750, 32gb RAM, 2tb nvme 4k. I installed Catalina 10.15.3 using bavariancake EFI. All hardware is working perfect except touchscreen and thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is works but hotplug isnt working and when i opened system report, i couldnt see any thunderbolt device (hotplug or not). I attached my debug file. Thank you all.

Attachments

• debug_1488.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 15.42.42.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 15.42.42.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 90
I have xps 9570 i7 8750, 32gb RAM, 2tb nvme 4k. I installed Catalina 10.15.3 using bavariancake EFI. All hardware is working perfect except touchscreen and thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is works but hotplug isnt working and when i opened system report, i couldnt see any thunderbolt device (hotplug or not). I attached my debug file. Thank you all.
I'm not sure about your touch screen but that is typical behavior for Thunderbolt. It must be set to Legacy Mode in the bios and hot plug will not work, the device must be plugged in at boot up to be recognized. There is some work ongoing to make it hot pluggable, you can search GitHub, but recent results center around 300 series chipsets.

Here is one interesting thread about touch screens that might get you going in the right direction. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/touch-screen.231819/

I'm not sure about your touch screen but that is typical behavior for Thunderbolt. It must be set to Legacy Mode in the bios and hot plug will not work, the device must be plugged in at boot up to be recognized. There is some work ongoing to make it hot pluggable, you can search GitHub, but recent results center around 300 series chipsets.

Here is one interesting thread about touch screens that might get you going in the right direction. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/touch-screen.231819/
I will look at the suggested site you post.
Thank you.

Hello dear hackintoshers

I own the 9570 i7 8750 model with 32Gb ram. I do have an issue with the hdmi out and the usb-c (hmdi) tripple monitor connection. Whenever I attach a monitor the laptop display turns black. It is still discovered in the display manager from system preferences.

I'm using bavariancake EFI and I've read that people have it successfully running on the exact same machine. I have found a solution on bavariancake's page:

Enabling external display support
Without any options passed to WhateverGreen, a KP will occur whenever an HDMI device is attached. @0xFireWolf provided HDMI output support (HDMI 1.4 and 2.0) by adding LSPCON support to WhateverGreen.

Up to two 4k@60Hz DisplayPort connections are supported via type C with adapter, and HDMI can also be connected. However, the internal display will turn off if three external displays are connected (see Intel GPU limitation above).

Connector 0 is the internal LCD, connectors 1 and 2 are DisplayPort via type C, and connector 3 is HDMI. The boot argument agdpmod=vit9696 is required to disable board checks, since the MacBookPro15,1 doesn’t have an HDMI output, and would be ignored by the OS by default.

Enabling HDMI 1.4/2.0 and DisplayPort via type C connector

• config.plist
    • Boot/Arguments
      • agdpmod=vit9696
    • Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
      • framebuffer-portcount = <04000000>
      • framebuffer-con1-enable = <01000000>
      • framebuffer-con1-alldata = <01050900 00040000 87010000>
      • framebuffer-con2-enable = <01000000>
      • framebuffer-con2-alldata = <02060900 00040000 87010000>
      • framebuffer-con3-enable = <01000000>
      • framebuffer-con3-alldata = <03040a00 00080000 87010000>
      • enable-hdmi20 = <01000000>
      • enable-lspcon-support = <01000000>
      • framebuffer-con3-has-lspcon = <01000000>
      • framebuffer-con3-preferred-lspcon-mode = <01000000>

I tried to change all the entries as above in the config.plist but it resulted with only one external screen to show up. I am sure I must be not far from running that 9570 with the 3 monitors on. Can someone explain me what I should do have both usb-c out (hdmi adaptor + the regular hdmi with a working monitor out signal.

Thank you in advance

Hello, :headbang:

Anyone got "simple" guide for Trackpad (voodooi2c) ?
Tried to read DSDT patch & related stuff, honestly ... it was too hard for me :banghead:

Currently using VoodooPS2Controller
- tap click works
- scroll with 2 fingers works
x right click still buggy
x double tap drag
x no gesture

After struggle for a week, these features are working great on Mojave 10.14.4 fresh install.
- UHD630 running at 1080P
- 32GB RAM / 970 EVO 1TB SSD
- HDMI out / USB-A left right / USB-C
- Ethernet USB dongle
- Bluetooth
- Screen brightness adj.
- Backlight keyboard (2 levels + off)
- Sound / Volume adj.
- Power Management / Fan speed auto adj.
===========================
- undervolt (tried but seems not work with Gen8 6-core CPU ?)
- Thunderbolt (Not test yet)
- Wifi DW1830 still waiting from Aliexpress

Thanks. :D :D :D
Does USB-C hotplug work? Thank.

Hello.

Who can make HiDPI on 3840 x 2160?
I've got only:
Снимок экрана 2020-04-18 в 21.01.jpg

But it is not a real HiDPI :(
All items are too small to use so only 1920x1080 is only resolution to use. But there is no real 4k for example in Youtube :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back