Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I switched from Bavariancake' EFI to LuletterSoul's EFI........ everything works including the gestures..... BUT I have a problem with the wifi/bluetooth card DW 1830....... sometimes when you boot up the computer, the system takes around 3 minutes to boot up and then there's no bluetooth available....... so I have to restart the computer and 'pray' that it doesn't happen again....... it could happen again, or it could boot up super fast with the DW1830 card working perfect.

I already tried his solution to fix this issue by putting tape on the pins 54 and 56, but it didn't fix the problem at all, so I still have this bluetooth/slow boot-up problem randomly.

Any solutions guys? Or maybe another EFI that really works on my dell 9570 - 1080?

NOOB questions: I've read lots of things on this forum but I am still lost around something, cause there is many information to grasp.

The only thing that is missing for having Nvidia GTX 1050 ti on XPS 9570 on Mojave are the nvidia drivers or will it never be possible to use it because switched dual-GPU are not supported on hackintosh?
GTX 1050 ti also does not work 100% on XPS 9570 + High Sierra with nvidia web drivers ?

In case it only works with High Sierra, is there a guide for High Sierra like BavarianCake ? Or will everything work properly if use Bavariancake EFI but using High Sierra instead of Mojave ?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get past the HDCP error when playing DRM video? I've gotten it to start playing and I get sound, but no video.

Just wanted to post thanks to everyone participating in this thread. My new XPS15 9570 (with the DW1560 card) using LuletterSoul's EFI and updated kexts/ clover is flawless. Could not be happier!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-guide-xps-9570-hackintosh-guide.259844

What kexts/patches are you using specifically to get Thunderbolt 3 working? I recently set up my 9750 (i7 model) but I can't seem to get TB3 devices or USB-C docks to work, hot-plug or at boot Thanks.
I have an external Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive I connect to using an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter and it works fine, can't attest to other devices and I should probably try USB c. Thunderbolt is natively supported, if it isn't working check your bios settings. Go to System Configuration/ Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration and check the "No Security" box. It should work, let us know.

Last edited:
Is anyone experiencing any graphics glitches in Catalina 10.15.2? I'm on bavariancake's EFI and I sometimes get very dim screen at boot with periodic black screen.

Good to know, I'll hold up with the upgrade then. Perhaps filing an issue on the repository on github may be a good ide ato keep track of progress. Thanks for the heads up.

Has anyone else run into the problem where boot stalls at gIOScreenLockState 3 using bravariancake's EFI? I know from searching this site it's a graphics problem, but I can't figure out why I'm getting it with this EFI. I thought it was already configured to use the Intel graphics and disable the Nvidia graphics. Screen shot attached for what it's worth. I'm on Catalina 15.2

20200126_104344.jpg

Has anyone else run into the problem where boot stalls at gIOScreenLockState 3 using bravariancake's EFI? I know from searching this site it's a graphics problem, but I can't figure out why I'm getting it with this EFI. I thought it was already configured to use the Intel graphics and disable the Nvidia graphics. Screen shot attached for what it's worth. I'm on Catalina 15.2

View attachment 446806
Catalina can require updated kexts, do you have the latest versions? The ones in the EFI folder are 6 months old. If not update WEG and Lilu in your USB EFI folder and try again.

Last edited:
Catalina can require updated kexts, do you have the latest versions? The ones in the EFI folder are 6 months old. If not update WEG and Lilu in your USB EFI folder and try again.
Yep, I made sure I have the latest version of all the kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back