Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Dell has a GTX 1050 and UHD 630, so I suppose It should work as hdmi can't be wired to both "cards".

Hi guys--brand new n00b here. I'm usually the type that lurks and mods without ever posting...at least not for my own benefit. But I'm at a crossroads and need some honest advice--do I buy a 9570?--is it there yet? Or do I buy a 9560 and wait? Obviously, I'd prefer not to spend the $ on an a deprecated machine, but if you tell me that it'll be some time before the new hardware is truly usable...then I'll appreciate it in the long run, because while tooling around is definitely fun...I actually will be needing to use the rig for work as well. The work by the way, is mainly pro audio, with some pro vid mixed in...about 90/10%. I did see what doesn't currently work in the other model and I can work around. Thanks. Sorry to just pop in and ask advice like this. I appreciate it.

Does hotplug work? Also, does three finger gestures work for you all?

On the Screen I can do it by doing it with 4 fingers, but I am unable on track pad.

Last edited:
Anyone have issues doing a straight update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4?

This might be a little bit of a basic question, but I've got an i9 8950hk 1080 xps 15 9570 working great, but somewhere along the way I think I set the processor incorrectly since system report is showing that I'm running an i7 at a base freq of 2.9; when I think it should display i9 at 2.9. Using macbook pro 15,1 model identifier. It's showing 6 cores and running stable, with a geekbench 4 single core score of around 5000.... Got a little higher in windows. Is there something I should change to improve speed/efficiency? I've been experimenting with undervolting via voltageshift. Running mojave 10.14.2 Any help appreciated. I've attached my EFI just in case it's helpful to anyone out there. (Working sleep, usb, hdmi, thunderbolt when plugged in at boot usbc, sound, graphic acceleration, trackpad gestures. Not working sd card reader, brightness buttons on keyboard, thunderbolt hotswap) Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.7 MB · Views: 258
Hello, :headbang:

Anyone got "simple" guide for Trackpad (voodooi2c) ?
Tried to read DSDT patch & related stuff, honestly ... it was too hard for me :banghead:

Currently using VoodooPS2Controller
- tap click works
- scroll with 2 fingers works
x right click still buggy
x double tap drag
x no gesture

After struggle for a week, these features are working great on Mojave 10.14.4 fresh install.
- UHD630 running at 1080P
- 32GB RAM / 970 EVO 1TB SSD
- HDMI out / USB-A left right / USB-C
- Ethernet USB dongle
- Bluetooth
- Screen brightness adj.
- Backlight keyboard (2 levels + off)
- Sound / Volume adj.
- Power Management / Fan speed auto adj.
===========================
- undervolt (tried but seems not work with Gen8 6-core CPU ?)
- Thunderbolt (Not test yet)
- Wifi DW1830 still waiting from Aliexpress

Thanks. :D :D :D

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 259
  • Library-Extensions.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
Hi There, Brand New as of today. I'm attempting to install Mojave on my XPS 9570, bios version 1.10, i7-8570h, 8gb, 256gb Toshiba, GTX 1050ti, 1080p. I swapped out the Killer Wireless for an Intel 9260 No Vpro. I followed the Mojave guide and was able to create the boot disk with Unibeast. Now I guess the next step is to try installing it on the dell. I've seen several different guides here and found 2-3 different Posts on github that look promising, but I don't know what to edit to match my system config or really how to proceed. Do I replace the EFI folder on my boot disk with the one I want to use This is the one i have in mind. I know most of you have put a lot of time and energy into learning this process and it's taken a lot trial and error. I'm just kind of lost and hope one of you can point me in the right direction.I've attached screens of the boot disk I made and the EFI i'd like to use.

Attachments

• LuletterSoul:Dell-XPS-15-9570-macOS-Mojave EFI.png
    LuletterSoul:Dell-XPS-15-9570-macOS-Mojave EFI.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 482
  • UniBeast EFI Partition.png
    UniBeast EFI Partition.png
    719.1 KB · Views: 404
Hi There, Brand New as of today. I'm attempting to install Mojave on my XPS 9570, bios version 1.10, i7-8570h, 8gb, 256gb Toshiba, GTX 1050ti, 1080p. I swapped out the Killer Wireless for an Intel 9260 No Vpro. I followed the Mojave guide and was able to create the boot disk with Unibeast. Now I guess the next step is to try installing it on the dell. I've seen several different guides here and found 2-3 different Posts on github that look promising, but I don't know what to edit to match my system config or really how to proceed. Do I replace the EFI folder on my boot disk with the one I want to use This is the one i have in mind. I know most of you have put a lot of time and energy into learning this process and it's taken a lot trial and error. I'm just kind of lost and hope one of you can point me in the right direction.I've attached screens of the boot disk I made and the EFI i'd like to use.
Intel Wifi is not supported on macs

Intel Wifi is not supported on macs
Would that cause my install to keep rebooting during install? I managed to get unibeast loaded and each time I try to install even verbatim it loads halfway and then boot cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back