Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4K screen - attached is my EFI.

If your CPU model is 8750, please try the file I configure for you. This will keep your monitor in a constant light state, temporarily solve the unresponsive state of your cover screen. The main problem is that there are some problems with sleep awakening after adding AddPNLF to the 8750 model machine. I have tried clover and SSDT to fix this problem, but it has never been perfect.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 159
If your CPU model is 8750, please try the file I configure for you. This will keep your monitor in a constant light state, temporarily solve the unresponsive state of your cover screen. The main problem is that there are some problems with sleep awakening after adding AddPNLF to the 8750 model machine. I have tried clover and SSDT to fix this problem, but it has never been perfect.

Thanks, shenlinsl! I've followed your configuration exactly and things are working really well.

I'll try your config file. I have the 8750H processor.

Ok - tried the config file, no luck. Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it. I'll keep trying.

Has any one got the HDMI working as it should?
And will this 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive work with this hackintosh setup?

I have the i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz with Intel UHD 630 model, but I cannot get the framebuffers to work. macOS 10.14.2 reports Intel UHD Graphics 630 7MB, even after having used the framebuffer values provided in @shenlinsl's config_1080p.plist. I'm running Lilu (REL-131-2018-12-30) and WhateverGreen (REL-126-2018-12-28).

What was the process most people went through to get this to work? I've been following this article but have no luck.

I have the i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz with Intel UHD 630 model, but I cannot get the framebuffers to work. macOS 10.14.2 reports Intel UHD Graphics 630 7MB, even after having used the framebuffer values provided in @shenlinsl's config_1080p.plist. I'm running Lilu (REL-131-2018-12-30) and WhateverGreen (REL-126-2018-12-28).

What was the process most people went through to get this to work? I've been following this article but have no luck.
First of all, congratulations on the fact that your success is only half a step away.

When you see macOS 10.14.2 Intel UHD Graphics 6307MB, you are not far from success. You have completed 90%. Please read carefully the specific steps I wrote in
https://github.com/shenlinsl/DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave/blob/master/README.md

to use them correctly. Someone in this post has used 14.2 as my method and upgraded it to 14.3 as well.

I'll talk about the steps you need to take now.
1. First you go into the system, Intel UHD Graphics 6307MB
2. Reconstruct the cache and run the following command: sudo kextcache-i/
3. Replace the file below EFI with the correct config. I uploaded it both in my GitHub and in this post.

4. After all three steps have been completed, you will be surprised to restart the machine at this time.

I hope you can understand what I'm saying. My English proficiency can't help you. Or you can install a great software TeamViewer. As long as you authorize me there, I can control your machine to help you solve this very small problem.

Open (Terminal) input. Sudo kextcache-i/
Enter your password

@shenlinsl what's in your Mojave install's /Library/Extensions directory?

I've copied the EFI directory off your github. I can see that there's Lilu, WhateverGreen, the VoodooI2C drivers etc are in place. In that case should I remove the kexts in /Library/Extensions?

Last edited:
OK, macOS won't boot anymore. Neither with the config.plist, nor with config15,2.plist. Looks like I have to reinstall macOS again and start over from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back