Contribute
Register

[WIP] [GUIDE] Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 & Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit surprised there isn't levels between idle and nominal (22), but...

Yeah I wondered about that too. Would that ramping be affecting battery life? Anything I can do to change it?

Yeah I wondered about that too. Would that ramping be affecting battery life? Anything I can do to change it?

As long as it reaches idle when the computer is doing nothing, I don't think it has much effect.

This is my result for my i5-3230m: 12, 22, 26, 28, 29, 30

RehabMan:

Quick Q on the VoodooPS2 kexts with the Z500.

I'm using the latest release (2013-1205 build), which gets the touchpad going, but click-drag is impossible.
Is there anything I can help with to help you fix this?

Cursor move: OK
Left Click: OK
Right Click: OK
Left Click held, cursor drag: Cursor moves, file does not, will act as multiple clicks whilst moving cursor.
Right Click held, cursor drag: As above, but more visually evident of 'clicks' - context menu will appear/disappear along cursor trail.

So it appears the mouse-down state is continuously reset during cursor movement.

I had a play with the source, but for whatever reason, my build doesn't acknowledge at boot (no errors, nothing appears in Console).
Made no source change, just attempting to get the env working.

EMlyDinEsH has an Elan driver, which works perfectly with multi-touch, but his source appears closed (last push was a year ago, though he has many builds since).
The issue is that you both act as a PS2Controller, so will conflict. (His Keyboard driver doesn't work for my Z500)

Regards.

RehabMan:

Quick Q on the VoodooPS2 kexts with the Z500.

I'm using the latest release (2013-1205 build), which gets the touchpad going, but click-drag is impossible.
Is there anything I can help with to help you fix this?

Cursor move: OK
Left Click: OK
Right Click: OK
Left Click held, cursor drag: Cursor moves, file does not, will act as multiple clicks whilst moving cursor.
Right Click held, cursor drag: As above, but more visually evident of 'clicks' - context menu will appear/disappear along cursor trail.

So it appears the mouse-down state is continuously reset during cursor movement.

I had a play with the source, but for whatever reason, my build doesn't acknowledge at boot (no errors, nothing appears in Console).
Made no source change, just attempting to get the env working.

EMlyDinEsH has an Elan driver, which works perfectly with multi-touch, but his source appears closed (last push was a year ago, though he has many builds since).
The issue is that you both act as a PS2Controller, so will conflict. (His Keyboard driver doesn't work for my Z500)

Regards.

My driver has no Elan support, just as simulated mouse. And Elan's mouse simulation in firmware is not very good (or the config pushed by VoodooPS2Mouse is not a good match).

And yes, I am aware of EMlyDinEsH's version which is really your only choice. It is too bad he's gone closed-source and it is not right (original code came from Apple and is bound by APSL). You might confront him on that.

I see...

Thanks for the response, I'm sure something will get figures - something to cut my teeth on perhaps :crazy:

I see...

Thanks for the response, I'm sure something will get figures - something to cut my teeth on perhaps :crazy:

My teeth are still in shape, but seeing that the Voodoo source on probe doesn't probe (just returns successfully), I took the Elan source and applied the same idea... keyboard works!

Regards source - i've asked, but I'll presume the Apple source mostly starts/ends there, other than being a platform for his own module.

I'll package my patch when able; naturally I won't include the Elan driver, instead a few steps to apply.

Also, many thanks to all in this thread :clap: - I have a lovely smooth Z500 now!

My current state is:
Clover, also used to inject kexts.
3x Partitions (OS X 10.9.1, Win8.1, Spare)
Voodoo HDA for audio
Elan touchpad kexts
'Brightness Slider' app - to workaround brightness dropping to minimum on battery boot.
HD4000 gfx - booting with the NVidia gets stuck, but not bothered.

Todo:
Sleep
Fix Thunderbolt firmware request in apple store (keeps installing/requesting).

I have the i5-M<forgot number> Z500, but using the i7 DSDT on this thread successfully.

hi, i'm caught in some trouble. So far I've managed to install Mavericks and boot into the safe mode.

My problem is I have only wifi internet at my place. Since Atheros AR9485 doesn't work, the wifi isn't working the laptop. The ISP doesn't provide an ethernet connection. I tried a USB hotspot from my iphone, that too didn't work.

Now I'm absolutely helpless. I can't use multibeast without internet connection. However I can downlaod kexts on my roomie's desktop and with a USB flash drive, I can transfer those to my hackintosh mavericks.

Could you do me a favor by providing all important kexts to boot into normal mode with good graphics and XCode development capabilities?

My Laptop: Lenovo Z500
Processor: i7 3632QM (Intel HD 4000 graphics)
GPU: NVidia GT 740M

Meanwhile I'll see about something that would make the wifi internet shared over the ethernet of desktop to attach to the laptop.

you can buy Netgear WNCE2001 so you can bring ethernet through your wifi connection.
i have z500 too. could you tell me how to install macos mavericks?thank you.

Hello, Just a little remark, but maybe not important. I updated by downloading your whitelisted BIOS and it changed my serial number. I am not sure if it's relevant, maybe it may void warranty as it won't change the serial again when updated with original.

VegetaOSX have you successfully installed Mavericks on Z500?, I have the same laptop and I follow all your post for install OSX but I don´t have lucky. Can you help me please :)

Thanks in advance

VegetaOSX have you successfully installed Mavericks on Z500?, I have the same laptop and I follow all your post for install OSX but I don´t have lucky. Can you help me please :)

Thanks in advance

Hi, so far no success, I had to give it a break due to exams and I'm loaded with work, but definitely will give another try in February and post feedback. What about you? Have you been successful so far?

I think not all Z500 works properly as every model have some components different...

Hi, so far no success, I had to give it a break due to exams and I'm loaded with work, but definitely will give another try in February and post feedback. What about you? Have you been successful so far?

I think not all Z500 works properly as every model have some components different...

Hi, I tried the the ppgorze method using CLOVER with UEFI, I thinks this is the most stable solution for OS X into Z500 but this requires own DSDT, SSDT and config.list files which I can not create, because donot how to do it!
I hope someone can get it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back