Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[UPDATE - 19dec2013]
- Attacched DSDT and SSDT. I have an i7-3632QM. I don't know if they are valid for other processors. I suggest to create yours: for SSDT use ProBook Installer; for DSDT extract and patch it with MaciASL. If you have the same i7 CPU, you can use my files. Download zip file and extract it. Copy DSDT and SSDT in /Extra. (DSDT contains Brightness Fix)
- Attached Kexts for Brightness and Batter.
- Added instructions regarding SMBIOS.
- Updated 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist'

[UPDATE - 12dec2013]

- General modification to the guide.
- Updated 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist'

[UPDATE - 09dec2013]
- Battery management seems to work...
- Brightness control works (only with slider in Settings>Monitor at the moment, not with keyboard)

What WORKS:
- Ethernet (with setting manually at 10Mbps Full-duplex).
- USB 2.0 & 3.0 (2.0 works using 'USBLegacyOff=Yes' at boot)
- Lenovo Camera (idk if @720p)
- Bluetooth
- Synaptics Touchpad (Pay attention, mine is Synaptics, but many models use Elantech Touchpad: i don't know if that one works): left click doesn't work by default. You can enable it in Settings>Trackpad.
- Audio.
- Intel Graphics HD4000 with 'IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003'
- Battery Management
- Brightness Control

What DOESN'T WORK (yet):
- Wi-Fi (Ar9485). No kext for this. Replace it with a compatible one or use a compatible USB WiFi dongle. Pay attention if you are thinking about replacing your card. Your BIOS has a whitelist, so only some WiFi cards are accepted. See in the Manual (on Lenovo WebSite) at "Part List" page for details. Anyway there is a website on the web (Google is your friend) where, after uploading a backup of your BIOS, they will modify it, making it accept any WiFi card.
- Nvidia GT635. I disabled it in the BIOS... i don't know if it would work. I'm not interested in it at the moment.
- CardReader
- Sleep
- HDMI Audio.

Bios Settings:
Intel Virtual Technology: Enabled
Graphic Device: UMA Graphic

Instructions:
I used Unibeast + Mavericks from AppStore.

Boot from USB and load installer with:
Code:
-x -v IGPEnabler=No USBLegacyOff=Yes

After installation boot from HDD and use the same parameters as before.

Open Multibeast... in the image you can see what i've selected:
multibeast.png

Replace 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' with the attached one.

Reboot. Now I had boot0 error and i solved using this tutorial: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

[BRIGHTNESS]
Extract your DSDT and patch it with the Brightness Fix (you can find it on Rehabman's GitHub) then install ACPIBacklight.kext. I won't attach DSDT and Kext now. Kext is easy to find, DSDT is not difficult to extract and patch (there is a README on Rehabman's GitHub).

[BATTERY]
Use "ACPIBatteryManager by RehabMan" kext. No DSDT mod required.

[SMBIOS]
Create your own SMBIOS with Chameleon Wizard. I used the MacBook 9.1 (i7 Ivy Bridge). You should select the one preset similar to your hardware specifications.

Attachments

• DSDT_SSDT.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,053
  • ACPIBacklight_ACPIBatteryManager.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,044
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    665 bytes · Views: 1,182
What WORKS:
- Ethernet, initially it was working with original kext (with setting manually at 10Mbps Full-duplex). Later it stopped working and i solved it installing 'Realtek - AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6' from Multibeast
- USB 2.0 & 3.0 (2.0 works using 'USBLegacyOff=Yes' at boot). Need kext to work correctly.
- Lenovo Camera (idk if @720p)
- Bluetooth
- Synaptics Touchpad (Many models, use Elantech Touchpad: i don't know if it works)
- Audio. Use attached VoodooHDA.kext and remove ApppleHDA.kext. I used Kext Utility to install it. Works Speakers, Internal Mic, External Mic and Audio Out.
- Intel Graphics HD4000 with the fix I used for ML. Use attached 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist'. For info, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...4000-not-working-lenovo-t430u.html#post558304

What DOESN'T WORK (yet):
- Wi-Fi (Ar9485). No kext for this. Replace it with a compatible one or use a compatible USB WiFi adapter.
- Nvidia GT635. I disabled it in the BIOS... i don't know if it would work. I'm not interested in it at the moment.
- Brightness control (DSDT will fix this?)
- CardReader (i don't think it will work...)
- Sleep
- Battery management
- HDMI Audio.

Bios Settings:
Intel Virtual Technology: Enabled
Graphic Device: UMA Graphic

Instructions:
I used Unibeast + Mavericks from AppStore.

Boot from USB and load installer with:
Code:
-x -v IGPEnabler=No USBLegacyOff=Yes

After installation boot from HDD and use the same parameters as before.

Open Multibeast:

I used 'EasyBeast' preset adding the following things:
- FakeSMC Plugins
- FakeSMC HWMonitor
- PS/2 Keyboard and Trackpads (With this, Touchpad click doesn't work, just go in Settings>Trackpad to enable it
- Generate CPU States
- Realtek - AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6

Install the latest revision of Chameleon, then replace 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' with the attached one.

Reboot. Now I had boot0 error and i solved using this tutorial: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Now you can install attached kexts.

See here for power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Instead of device-properties string, you can use IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660003

You should check if you have Synaptics (you can check IORegistryExplorer, look under PS2M device). If you do I recommend: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

For other DSDT fixes (for brightness, as example), see: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

I have followed your guide, but IMPOSSIBLE TO BOOT in NORMAL MODE. I can only Boot in SAFE MODE. Besides I did the following:

-Not install FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor App (I am not sure if I really need this).
-Removed Bluetooth Kexts as the screen stuck there.

Is your IntelHD working flawlessly (With QI/CI acceleration)?
I can Extract DSDT and upload it, if it's of use, I do not understand much about it.

I have attached my Error, let's see if anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20131219_012140.jpg
    IMG_20131219_012140.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 2,235
I have followed your guide, but IMPOSSIBLE TO BOOT in NORMAL MODE. I can only Boot in SAFE MODE. Besides I did the following:

-Not install FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor App (I am not sure if I really need this).
-Removed Bluetooth Kexts as the screen stuck there.

Is your IntelHD working flawlessly (With QI/CI acceleration)?
I can Extract DSDT and upload it, if it's of use, I do not understand much about it.

I have attached my Error, let's see if anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

Are you sure to have installed FakeSMC? If you are, try rebuilding the cache.

Bluetooth Kext doesn't have any problem. if you leave where it is, it recognize your Bluetooth chip.

Intel HD4000 works correctly. HDMI port works (but Audio via HDMI doesn't), VGA is untested.

I updated some minutes ago the guide. If you don't solve with FakeSMC/Rebuilding-Cache, try create a SMBIOS specific with your hardware specifications, but it is the last thing I created: during the setup of kexts i used the one you can see in the MultBbeast image attached.

(Sorry for my bad English...:D)

@VegetaOSX
You should have installed the FakeSMC me thinks.

I've gotten the install working fine so far. Used Rehabman's PS/2 kexts. The only issues I'm having are with the trackpad; it's incredibly sluggish and left click seems to register as a double click when compressed, making drag and drop impossible.

There's no trackpad recognized in my settings, it's registering as a mouse.

Any ideas?

Brightness and Battery seem to be working flawless - Kudos OP :thumbup:

[QUOTEMy Z500 spec is i7 3612QM , RAM 8GB , 740M

Can I use your DSDT ?[/QUOTE]

It should work. Just try! If something is not working and OSX doesn't start you can boot with DSDT=NULL and then go to delete the file.

You should have installed the FakeSMC me thinks.

I've gotten the install working fine so far. Used Rehabman's PS/2 kexts. The only issues I'm having are with the trackpad; it's incredibly sluggish and left click seems to register as a double click when compressed, making drag and drop impossible.

There's no trackpad recognized in my settings, it's registering as a mouse.

Any ideas?

Brightness and Battery seem to be working flawless - Kudos OP :thumbup:

I have the same issue with the drag and drop. But after some practice, it seems better in that way. Btw mine is recognized as trackpad. Is your touchpad made by Elantech? Mine is Synaptics. This could be a reason.

Also @ OP, there's a typo in your plist file.

You have IGPPlatform=
It should be IGPlatform=

I was booting to a black screen until I found the mistake. :thumbup:

Also @ OP, there's a typo in your plist file.

You have IGPPlatform=
It should be IGPlatform=

I was booting to a black screen until I found the mistake. :thumbup:

Thanks. Updated the attached file in the first post.

Are you sure to have installed FakeSMC? If you are, try rebuilding the cache.

Bluetooth Kext doesn't have any problem. if you leave where it is, it recognize your Bluetooth chip.

Intel HD4000 works correctly. HDMI port works (but Audio via HDMI doesn't), VGA is untested.

I updated some minutes ago the guide. If you don't solve with FakeSMC/Rebuilding-Cache, try create a SMBIOS specific with your hardware specifications, but it is the last thing I created: during the setup of kexts i used the one you can see in the MultBbeast image attached.

(Sorry for my bad English...:D)

Thank you so much for your feedback! Tomorrow friday I will re-install everything with your updated GUIDE and post my feedback, by the way, Shall I modify my BIOS (this thing called Whitelist) since I don't want to use a USB wi-fi dongle. One more thing...is the DSDT extraction same with OLD bios and modified Bios? Because..I am about to flash it in favor of modified one for the WLan card.
This is my hardware:
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Model: 20202
CPU: Intel i7 3520M (Ivy Bridge)
Video Cards: Intel HD 4000 and Georce GT740M
WLAN: Atheros AR9485WB-EG
Audio: Realtec ALC269
Trackpad: Elan Smart Pad
Bluetooth: Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0+HS
Card Reader: ?
BIOS: Original still.

I can upload my DSDT extract if it's going to be of any help/use/information.

Thank you for your guide and helps, it's highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back