Contribute
Register

[WIP] [GUIDE] Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 & Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[UPDATE - 19dec2013]
- Attacched DSDT and SSDT. I have an i7-3632QM. I don't know if they are valid for other processors. I suggest to create yours: for SSDT use ProBook Installer; for DSDT extract and patch it with MaciASL. If you have the same i7 CPU, you can use my files. Download zip file and extract it. Copy DSDT and SSDT in /Extra. (DSDT contains Brightness Fix)
- Attached Kexts for Brightness and Batter.
- Added instructions regarding SMBIOS.
- Updated 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist'

[UPDATE - 12dec2013]

- General modification to the guide.
- Updated 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist'

[UPDATE - 09dec2013]
- Battery management seems to work...
- Brightness control works (only with slider in Settings>Monitor at the moment, not with keyboard)

What WORKS:
- Ethernet (with setting manually at 10Mbps Full-duplex).
- USB 2.0 & 3.0 (2.0 works using 'USBLegacyOff=Yes' at boot)
- Lenovo Camera (idk if @720p)
- Bluetooth
- Synaptics Touchpad (Pay attention, mine is Synaptics, but many models use Elantech Touchpad: i don't know if that one works): left click doesn't work by default. You can enable it in Settings>Trackpad.
- Audio.
- Intel Graphics HD4000 with 'IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003'
- Battery Management
- Brightness Control

What DOESN'T WORK (yet):
- Wi-Fi (Ar9485). No kext for this. Replace it with a compatible one or use a compatible USB WiFi dongle. Pay attention if you are thinking about replacing your card. Your BIOS has a whitelist, so only some WiFi cards are accepted. See in the Manual (on Lenovo WebSite) at "Part List" page for details. Anyway there is a website on the web (Google is your friend) where, after uploading a backup of your BIOS, they will modify it, making it accept any WiFi card.
- Nvidia GT635. I disabled it in the BIOS... i don't know if it would work. I'm not interested in it at the moment.
- CardReader
- Sleep
- HDMI Audio.

Bios Settings:
Intel Virtual Technology: Enabled
Graphic Device: UMA Graphic

Instructions:
I used Unibeast + Mavericks from AppStore.

Boot from USB and load installer with:
Code:
-x -v IGPEnabler=No USBLegacyOff=Yes

After installation boot from HDD and use the same parameters as before.

Open Multibeast... in the image you can see what i've selected:
View attachment 76310

Replace 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' with the attached one.

Reboot. Now I had boot0 error and i solved using this tutorial: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

[BRIGHTNESS]
Extract your DSDT and patch it with the Brightness Fix (you can find it on Rehabman's GitHub) then install ACPIBacklight.kext. I won't attach DSDT and Kext now. Kext is easy to find, DSDT is not difficult to extract and patch (there is a README on Rehabman's GitHub).

[BATTERY]
Use "ACPIBatteryManager by RehabMan" kext. No DSDT mod required.

[SMBIOS]
Create your own SMBIOS with Chameleon Wizard. I used the MacBook 9.1 (i7 Ivy Bridge). You should select the one preset similar to your hardware specifications.

Does Sierra 10.12.4 brightness control work for you? if not and you have fixed can you share the process?

Hi, I tried the the ppgorze method using CLOVER with UEFI, I thinks this is the most stable solution for OS X into Z500 but this requires own DSDT, SSDT and config.list files which I can not create, because donot how to do it!
I hope someone can get it :)

Hi, sorry to bother you I know is an old post. Have you managed to install OSX on the Z500 ? I'm trying since 2 days but I'm still stuck on the language page and not moving. Thank you

Hi, sorry to bother you I know is an old post. Have you managed to install OSX on the Z500 ? I'm trying since 2 days but I'm still stuck on the language page and not moving. Thank you

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back