Contribute
Register

[WIP] [GUIDE] Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 & Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, I would wish to disable the touchpad completely. Is this possible?

Which trackpad do you have?

Synaptics Touchpad.

If you're using my kexts (VoodooPS2Controller.kext), you can disable the trackpad with PrtSc. You can also have it disabled automatically when a USB mouse is plugged in by setting the appropriate option in SysPrefs->Accessibility.

If you're using my kexts (VoodooPS2Controller.kext), you can disable the trackpad with PrtSc. You can also have it disabled automatically when a USB mouse is plugged in by setting the appropriate option in SysPrefs->Accessibility.

Great! I'll give this a try when I get back home. Also, the brightness issue may be due to using the wrong kext/brightness fix for my model.

Quote by @federiang here:

I've tried the patch ACPI100 because my laptop is born for windows 8, and i've reinstalled AcpiBacklight.kext. now the slider is working, but the keys on the keyboard aren't working...i've installed the kext from Emlidinesh because i've Elan Touchpad, and i've seen that it take also care of the keyboard...i don't know if there are other key combination to set the brightness from the keyboard...but my key aren't working :(

And also quote by @alexey.kuz here:

Hello. I want to share my experience hakintosh installation z500.
This is my first experience, I will be happy to assist in correcting errors. Sorry for my bad English.

My hardware:
CPU:Core i7 3520m Ivy Bridge;
GPU:HD4000/GeForce GT740m - nvidia is disabled in the BIOS. The plans to use to disable the DSDT

WLAN+BT: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 - replaced by Atheros AR5B195 (AR9285+AR3011) - The forum helped to remove the white list in the BIOS.
LAN:Realtek RTL8139/810x - It works well with RealtekRTL8100.kext;
AUDIO: Realtek ALC269 - I use the easiest option - VoodooHDA ;
Card Reader: Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader - does not work;
Elan touchpad - I use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext;

What does not work:
Nvidia - will not work;
Sound HDMI - I think you need to use a sound AppleHDA;
Cardreader - will not work;
VGA Port;
Bluetooth - I do not know the reason (I use BTFirmwareUploader.kext). Sometimes included, sometimes defined, but the device does not see, sometimes the system does not see.*

Sleep - wakes up after 1 second. So do not sleep when you close the cap.*
Invalid calculated battery time (see screenshot)

View attachment 178721

* these problems were not in the 10.10

DSDT:

From patch I used recommended in this guide. For brightness - this patch. For battery - this patch.

NOTE:
Brightness slider works only with this kext (ACPIBacklight.kext) - New IntelBacklight I do not work. Changing with the keyboard always works without problems.

I enclose my kext, DSDT and clover config files.

I'll give them all a try later on and hopefully I'll be able to have a semi-working hackintosh :)

@RehabMan, Is the power management section required if I do not need sleep?

@RehabMan,

Brightness is working. Mouse toggle using Print Screen key is also working. Everything is absolutely great except for Audio.

I looked up on how to patch AppleHDA, but the guide seems way beyond my understanding.

Eitherway, I am only using Mac for Xcode and installing apps to my iPhone. Initially I intend to use Mac for game development(Unity3D), but I guess it is okay. I can still use Unity3D on Windows to export to an iOS project and compile with my audio-less Hackintosh.

@RehabMan,

Brightness is working. Mouse toggle using Print Screen key is also working. Everything is absolutely great except for Audio.

I looked up on how to patch AppleHDA, but the guide seems way beyond my understanding.

Eitherway, I am only using Mac for Xcode and installing apps to my iPhone. Initially I intend to use Mac for game development(Unity3D), but I guess it is okay. I can still use Unity3D on Windows to export to an iOS project and compile with my audio-less Hackintosh.

Could you explain to me how you got the brightness working? :)

Hello folks.
Did anyone make a laptop fall asleep correctly? I patched DSDT, installed GenericUSBXCHI.kext, wrote -gux_defer_usb2 in flags, but nothing changed at all.
OS El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back