Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a new DSDT and applied the necessary patches. There seems to be two different scenarios in which the display goes to "sleep."
1) The display's backlight shuts off and the computer remains "awake."
2) The display and computer go to sleep.

With scenario 1, the display will not wake regardless of method (power button, key press, mouse movement or mouse click). I am forced to hard-power off the system.
With scenario 2, the system wakes without issue by all methods listed above.

Interesting that you can wake the laptop via keyboard and mouse .... for me i can only wake form sleep using the power button or lid open ... i thought this was 'normal' for almost all hacks running on Sierra and using RHM's Voodoo PS2 controller kext ?

Maybe Rehabman can confirm this ?

Cheers

Another issue that I am attempting to sort out is an intermittent lack of audio on startup. The sound "card" provides audio through the 3.5mm port at all times, but the built-in speakers only work occasionally. For instance, the system has been up for 30 minutes at the time of this writing and the audio is still not working on the internal speakers. I have attempted to resolve this by setting the flag for "ResetHDA" in clover's config.plist. This seems to have worked for others but has not worked for me.

Try using CodecCommander .... it has a HDA keep alive feature ... i use it on my Spectre X360 and have no audio issues.

If you use Mirone's HDA patcher it will create a Dummy HDA for your codec, generate the correct clover patches and a customised version of CodecCommander configured for your codec. I worked together with Mirone to create the ALC295 codec used in the 15" 2017 Spectre X360 so can vouch for this method.

Cheers
Jay

Interesting that you can wake the laptop via keyboard and mouse .... for me i can only wake form sleep using the power button or lid open ... i thought this was 'normal' for almost all hacks running on Sierra and using RHM's Voodoo PS2 controller kext ?

Maybe Rehabman can confirm this ?

Cheers
Yes, you are right. I cannot wake from sleep via key press or mouse movement/click. I don't know why I wrote that. Not thinking. Thanks for clarifying and I will correct my original post.

I created a new DSDT and applied the necessary patches. There seems to be two different scenarios in which the display goes to "sleep."
1) The display's backlight shuts off and the computer remains "awake."
2) The display and computer go to sleep.

With scenario 1, the display will not wake regardless of method (power button, key press, mouse movement or mouse click). I am forced to hard-power off the system.
With scenario 2, the system wakes without issue by power button or lid opening.

Another issue that I am attempting to sort out is an intermittent lack of audio on startup. The sound "card" provides audio through the 3.5mm port at all times, but the built-in speakers only work occasionally. For instance, the system has been up for 30 minutes at the time of this writing and the audio is still not working on the internal speakers. I have attempted to resolve this by setting the flag for "ResetHDA" in clover's config.plist. This seems to have worked for others but has not worked for me.

Also, I was reading your ProBook guide and it mentioned that ProBook users should not be using ssdtPRGEN in order to setup power management. Although this is not a ProBook, I have a feeling that I should not have used this method, but I already have. In my clover's acpt/patched directory, ssdt.aml is the SSDT that was generated by ssdtPRGEN. Should I re-evaluate my method of power management? Is upgrading to High Sierra beneficial for this purpose?

Thank you again for your time. Once this is stable, I will be writing a full guide in order to contribute to the community.

Code:
Last login: Fri Oct 20 00:20:09 on ttys000
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f83278000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   99    1 0xffffff7f82f2c000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <98 97 73 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  118    0 0xffffff7f830ae000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <117 99 98 97 77 73 6 5 4 3 1>
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ pmset -g assertions
2017-10-20 00:21:27 -0400
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 100(hidd): [0x0000069f0009812b] 03:08:23 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968003.3"
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler
macbooks-air:~ macbook$ system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM

macbooks-air:~ macbook$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
KernelCache ID: 633CEABA3276187799A7C5268B568EF8

Your kextcache output shows that kexts are not installed correctly.
I didn't check anything else.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your kextcache output shows that kexts are not installed correctly.
I didn't check anything else.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

RehabMan,

I don't blame you for not checking anything else as I should have already properly handled all kexts. I do not know why I never read post number 2 of your guide and I apologize for bothering you for help without exhausting all avenues you have already provided. I am going to take some time to make sure I have properly handled everything and then I will reply with my status. Thank you again for your time and reply; it is appreciated.
Kindly,
Blyss

You should not be using FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Audio ... just the kexts and patches generated by the Mirone's HDA utility.

I'm still using the BIOS that the machine came with so my DSDT will not match yours, you should alway use your own DSDT, the following details the renames and fixes i applied to my DSDT and SSDT's :-

DSM renames

DSDT.dsl
SSDT-12.dsl
SSDT-16.dsl
SSDT-2.dsl

B0D3 renames

SSDT-2

GFX0 renames

DSDT.dsl
SSDT-16.dsl
SSDT-2.ds;

Patches/Fixes for DSDT.dsl:

Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" agressive" mode
Comment Out External ‘BNUM’ Ref
Battery_HP-G6-2221ss
Add IMEI
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
Shutdown Fix V2
OS Check Fix Win 8
Skylake LPC
SMBUS Fix
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
USB3_PRW 0x0D Skylake (instant wake)
USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)
Fix Mutex with non-Zero SyncLevel
HPET Fix

Always perform renames first before applying patches and fixes, you will also need to edit ssdt16 with a call to the _OFF method to disable the Nvidia GPU or use a custom SSDT .. see rehab's man guide for more info this ....

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

I'm still very much old school when it comes to DSDT & SSDT patching and prefer to do it manually rather than relying on the use clovers patching and fixes, that way i can be 100% sure the code is correct and in the right place, having said that there does seem to be a gradually uptake in dynamic patching and the use of custom ssdt's to inject new methods into the ACPI/DSDT.

As I already said much of this will change now that we have Native Kaby Lake support ... so personally i think it would be better to concentrate on a clean kaby lake build rather than trying to perfect a spoofed skylake one ... just my two cents ...

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay!

How did u pick up the patch needed for your acpi file? Also can i put all my kext in clover... atleast to test if everything is fine...?

Thank you!

Hi Jay!

How did u pick up the patch needed for your acpi file? Also can i put all my kext in clover... atleast to test if everything is fine...?

Thank you!

Since the release of 10.12.6 with native Kaby Lake support ... i've stopped doing a full manual patch of the DSDT.
I now use minimal manual DSDT patching .... just the very basics like compile errors, battery fix, usb3 instant wake .. etc

All other fixes i do via the hot patch method ...
I use Clover just for the DSDT ACPI renames ... i don't use any clover DSDT patches
All other patches and fixes i do via custom ssdt's .. see RehabMan's github repo for examples.

As to which DSDT edits and patches you need .... it all depends on how compliant your native DSDT is and what devices you have in your system. As for kexts .. i only put FakeSMC and HackrNVMeFamily-XXX in EfI/Clover/Kexts/Other

All other kexts in /L/E

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Since the release of 10.12.6 with native Kaby Lake support ... i've stopped doing a full manual patch of the DSDT.
I now use minimal manual DSDT patching .... just the very basics like compile errors, battery fix, usb3 instant wake .. etc

All other fixes i do via the hot patch method ...
I use Clover just for the DSDT ACPI renames ... i don't use any clover DSDT patches
All other patches and fixes i do via custom ssdt's .. see RehabMan's github repo for examples.

As for kexts .. i only put FakeSMC and HackrNVMeFamily-XXX in EfI/Clover/Kexts/Other

All other kexts in /S/L/E

Cheers
Jay

Oh okay!

i'm still trying to figure out.. what i should do for my laptop lol

Thank you

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could one of you with the Envy x360 13t (rather than the Spectre) itemize the custom SSDT edits that successfully initialize the display brightness options? I've spent a good bit of time in Rehabman's repo, as well as subscribed to the brightness fix thread, but I'm not having the success I hoped for.

Although I'm generally a fan of encouraging others to read & learn, at some point, there is value in consolidating the findings of the brave explorers into a succinct DIY guide that marks the best practices of custom SSDT choices, hot fixes, and Clover settings for the current bios firmware, so that we can potentially increase the community of HP x360 Hackintosh users. I'm not under illusions that we'll approach the achievements of the Dell XPS 9350-60 userbase overnight, but this thread has not charted much progress history since highlighting the way to boot clover natively using the Linux renaming trick.

If I'm out of line for asking this, my apologies, I'll look elsewhere. I had just hoped by now to have crowdsourced the various successes of fellow users into something approaching a daily driver on 12.6, at least with regards to spontaneous resets.

Thanks.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could one of you with the Envy x360 13t (rather than the Spectre) itemize the custom SSDT edits that successfully initialize the display brightness options? I've spent a good bit of time in Rehabman's repo, as well as subscribed to the brightness fix thread, but I'm not having the success I hoped for.

Although I'm generally a fan of encouraging others to read & learn, at some point, there is value in consolidating the findings of the brave explorers into a succinct DIY guide that marks the best practices of custom SSDT choices, hot fixes, and Clover settings for the current bios firmware, so that we can potentially increase the community of HP x360 Hackintosh users. I'm not under illusions that we'll approach the achievements of the Dell XPS 9350-60 userbase overnight, but this thread has not charted much progress history since highlighting the way to boot clover natively using the Linux renaming trick.

If I'm out of line for asking this, my apologies, I'll look elsewhere. I had just hoped by now to have crowdsourced the various successes of fellow users into something approaching a daily driver on 12.6, at least with regards to spontaneous resets.

Thanks.

Brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back