Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone made any progress with booting OSX from Clover booted from Nvme EFI Partition .. i've hit the same issue as you guys .. looks like HP have locked down the UEFI booting to specific files or signatures ....

Am Investigating now . . .

Cheers
Jay

Has anyone made any progress with booting OSX from Clover booted from Nvme EFI Partition .. i've hit the same issue as you guys .. looks like HP have locked down the UEFI booting to specific files or signatures ....

Am Investigating now . . .

Cheers
Jay

Did you use efibootmgr in Linux to add a UEFI entry for Clover?

I Created Uefi entry for clover using 'bcfg boot add' from clovers built in efi shell .... does the same thing ..

This is a real odd gremlin .... you can boot the OSX system installed on the nvme as long as you boot clover from usb external drive (via f9) .. if you boot clover from the efi partition (via f9) ... clover loads and display menu ok .. but once you select osx its an immediate kp after the clover pre boot finishes .. looks like an issue with the path to the 'boot' file.

the new clover entry in bios uefi boot config is selctable in bios but does not seem to take ... system boots to windows which my be a fall back ....have tried the shellx64 trick in root of efi (as required on as-rock mb) but same result ... clover loads ok but osx kp's right after the device pre-loader finished ...

my efi folder on usb and nvme are identical ...too many people reporting the same issue now ... so something is different in the way HP are implementing UEFI booting ... not un heard of i think ??? ... bit of a misty but investigating as i type this ....

Jay

This is a real odd gremlin .... you can boot the OSX system installed on the nvme as long as you boot clover from usb external drive (via f9) .. if you boot clover from the efi partition (via f9) ... clover loads and display menu ok .. but once you select osx its an immediate kp after the clover pre boot finishes .. looks like an issue with the path to the 'boot' file.

The issue is probably your Clover setup is different between the two devices.
If you need help with the KP...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

the new clover entry in bios uefi boot config is selctable in bios but does not seem to take ... system boots to windows which my be a fall back

Check your UEFI boot entries with efibootmgr in Linux.

The issue is probably your Clover setup is different between the two devices.

Nope ... like what others on this thread are repoorting clover config and folder structure are identical .. literary a straight copy from the efi folder on the usb to the nvme .....

One observation i can see is that when selecting osx from clover (booted from nvme) a touch keyboard toggle icon is displayed in the top right hand corner of the screen ... and then osx kp's .......... if booted and osx selected from usb device then no touch keyboard icon .... and osx loads ok .... it might have nothing to do with it but since efi is the same on the usb and nvme it would suggest that the bios is treating the boot process slightly different ....

I'm still working on the problem ATM .. digging down into logs ... will report back once i've made progress.

Cheers
Jay

Nope ... like what others on this thread are repoorting clover config and folder structure are identical .. literary a straight copy from the efi folder on the usb to the nvme .....

One observation i can see is that when selecting osx from clover (booted from nvme) a touch keyboard toggle icon is displayed in the top right hand corner of the screen ... and then osx kp's .......... if booted and osx selected from usb device then no touch keyboard icon .... and osx loads ok .... it might have nothing to do with it but since efi is the same on the usb and nvme it would suggest that the bios is treating the boot process slightly different ....

I'm still working on the problem ATM .. digging down into logs ... will report back once i've made progress.

Cheers
Jay

Need "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

Cheers
Jay
You are correct jaymonkey, it appears there is some kind of bug in the interaction between the Envy UEFI and Clover. Luckily, codeye has found a work around using Clover legacy boot. Just follow the method in post #54. Works great :)

You are correct jaymonkey, it appears there is some kind of bug in the interaction between the Envy UEFI and Clover. Luckily, codeye has found a work around using Clover legacy boot. Just follow the method in post #54. Works great :)

Still waiting for someone to provide details on this problem...
Required:
- 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal
- EFI/Clover being used (both from USB and SSD)
- photo of result (KP was mentioned)

Without details, it is all just guessing...

More guessing...
Note: Even if you're booting UEFI, you should enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS. And don't forget to insure "fast boot" is disabled.

Am working on the issue now Rehabman ... ...
Will have something to report soon, if not will post debug info i've collected so far ..

Cheers
Jay

Am working on the issue now Rehabman ... ...
Will have something to report soon, if not will post debug info i've collected so far ..

Cheers
Jay

OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back