Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your EFI/Clover on HDD is probably not the same as USB EFI/Clover.
it is same, I dump these 2 folder and compared with Beyond Compare directory comparison, they are 100% identical in binary wise. so it is really strange. (actually to ensure they are identical, i removed all the stuff in HDD EFI except the Apple folder, and copy the clover from USB to HDD)

do you think i need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for the HDD clover(as you mentioned in the guide)?

it is same, I dump these 2 folder and compared with Beyond Compare directory comparison, they are 100% identical in binary wise. so it is really strange. (actually to ensure they are identical, i removed all the stuff in HDD EFI except the Apple folder, and copy the clover from USB to HDD)

do you think i need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for the HDD clover(as you mentioned in the guide)?

Attach both EFI/Clover from USB and from HDD EFI/Clover.

Change the boot flags as previously suggested, so you're certain you are booting from where you think you are.

Attach both EFI/Clover from USB and from HDD EFI/Clover.

Change the boot flags as previously suggested, so you're certain you are booting from where you think you are.

i did, I can see if put the bogus option there and then the EFI in HDD got a KP.

Attachments

• HDDEFI.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 143
  • USBEFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 156
i did, I can see if put the bogus option there and then the EFI in HDD got a KP.
they have different size, because the HDD one has an Apple folder.

EFI not requested. Provide only EFI/Clover as clearly written in post #42.

I've got the bluetooth working. Turns out the PCi card was sensitive to the tightness of the screw. I had to put a rubber spacer underneath to keep the card from flexing! Still can't figure out why I get the KP when I boot from the NVME SSD, when the exact same configuration works perfect on the USB stick. Very strange.

is your HDD clover booting problem solved? I still not able to figure out the reason..

Hello hidinmask :) . Thanks lilryu for starting this thread, and especially many thanks to Rehabman for all you do. Since my last post I've continued to work on MacOS Sierra on the HP Envy. I was having some trouble with the BCM94352Z. As I mentioned earlier, sometimes the card would not be recognized. If I messed around by only screwing down the card part way, it seemed to help. Then I found this post.

https://lybomudr.ru/en/132-zapuskae...pod-windows-10-v-acer-v3-371-i-drugikh-2.html

With masking the pins described (I used Scotch Tape as a temporary fix) wifi works perfect with the card completely screwed down. Bluetooth also works but sometimes the BT module still isn't recognized. I might need to do a better job masking pin 54 (BT_disable).

For audio, Mirone has produced two patched AppleHDA.kext's for the Conexant CX8200 (see this link)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293863-applehda-patch-requests/?p=2357822

Both versions seem to work, but sometimes on booting, sound can be heard and sometimes not. I don't see any differences in System Information, System Preferences or IOREG whether the sound works or not. It may be that rebooting to Windows may reset audio?

Last edited:
I have patched the DSDT for the brightness slider, brightness keys (_Q10 and _Q11), and the battery patch for the HP G6 2221ss. I've also added a number of Rehabman's recommended laptop patches. I think all my USB ports are working fine. I've applied the GFX0 > IGPU patches and Clover patches and graphics are working without a hitch. Using ssdtPRGen.sh beta, I have power management working well according the the Intel application and the AppleIntelInfo.kext. I dropped the unnecessary SSDT's (I think :)).

I've done some testing on nvram, and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is definitely needed. Using patch-nvme spoof I have the pci M2 SSD drive working. I'm using rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller.kext and my Trackpad prefpane works pretty well. I even have the SD Card reader working using this beta kext from Sinetek

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/page-2

The only thing that I can't get to work is booting Clover to MacOS from the NVME. The identical Clover folder works perfect from USB, but fails as above when I try from NVME. I've tried everything I can think of and have been researching the problem, but so far no success. Here is my latest Clover folder and IOREG.

Attachments

• HP-Envy.ioreg
    10.2 MB · Views: 178
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
I have patched the DSDT for the brightness slider, brightness keys (_Q10 and _Q11), and the battery patch for the HP G6 2221ss. I've also added a number of Rehabman's recommended laptop patches. I think all my USB ports are working fine. I've applied the GFX0 > IGPU patches and Clover patches and graphics are working without a hitch. Using ssdtPRGen.sh beta, I have power management working well according the the Intel application and the AppleIntelInfo.kext. I dropped the unnecessary SSDT's (I think :)).

I've done some testing on nvram, and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is definitely needed. Using patch-nvme spoof I have the pci M2 SSD drive working. I'm using rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller.kext and my Trackpad prefpane works pretty well. I even have the SD Card reader working using this beta kext from Sinetek

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/page-2

The only thing that I can't get to work is booting Clover to MacOS from the NVME. The identical Clover folder works perfect from USB, but fails as above when I try from NVME. I've tried everything I can think of and have been researching the problem, but so far no success. Here is my latest Clover folder and IOREG.

thanks a lot for the detailed information, my SSD was Samsung PM951 512GB, same problem, not able to boot from it. I also tried all kinds of tricks still no luck.

another issue I had currently if I close the lid, and then open it, the screen will be blinking for 5 or 6 times, sometimes it remains in dark screen. i guess I am using the wrong backlight patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back