Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the KP image

Attachments

• IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 185
here is the KP image

Did you patch your own DSDT? Or did ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml come from a different computer?
Try without patched ACPI (it is not generally needed to boot the installer or a fresh install).

Did you patch your own DSDT? Or did ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml come from a different computer?
oh, i didn't i just copy "chhaggerty"'s DSDT, so will it cause this problem? sorry sir, I am kind of new to this. do you have instruction of how can I do the DSDT patching step by step.

Thanks a lot!

oh, i didn't i just copy "chhaggerty"'s DSDT, so will it cause this problem? sorry sir, I am kind of new to this. do you have instruction of how can I do the DSDT patching step by step.

Thanks a lot!

Using patched ACPI files from another computer is always a bad idea.
Must patch based on your own...

Using patched ACPI files from another computer is always a bad idea.
Must patch based on your own...
i guess I might want to do that.

perhaps a dumb question:
in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
it seems all the operations need to be performed in the target machine, i think I am luck that I am able to boot the machine thru USB, for those people not able to even get to the installer stage, how could they patch the DSDT in the first place, is it sort a chicken & egg problem?

dear chhaggerty, your DSDT seems have selected some handy patches which basically everything works well except the WiFI( intel is not supported yet), so can you tell me what patches you have selected?

i guess I might want to do that.

perhaps a dumb question:
in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
it seems all the operations need to be performed in the target machine, i think I am luck that I am able to boot the machine thru USB, for those people not able to even get to the installer stage, how could they patch the DSDT in the first place, is it sort a chicken & egg problem?

Patched ACPI not generally needed to reach the installer.

and one thing
Patched ACPI not generally needed to reach the installer.
understood.

I looked into chhaggerty's clover folder, he didn't drop the OEM SSDT, based on what learn from this forum, selecting patches is kind of game of whack moles, is there a way I could figured out what patches he took on his DSDT/SSDT based on his DSDT.aml/SSDT.aml (kind of a LKG states)?

thanks again for the help!

and one thing

understood.

I looked into chhaggerty's clover folder, he didn't drop the OEM SSDT, based on what learn from this forum, selecting patches is kind of game of whack moles, is there a way I could figured out what patches he took on his DSDT/SSDT based on his DSDT.aml/SSDT.aml (kind of a LKG states)?

thanks again for the help!

ACPI patching is a post-install task.
Install with native ACPI first.
Refer to the laptop FAQ for guides.

ACPI patching is a post-install task.
Install with native ACPI first.
Refer to the laptop FAQ for guides.
i am currently in the post install process, OS has been installed, and i could boot it with the USB EFI clover, but after I copy everything to the HDD EFI Clover folder, it failed to load with a KP (posted earlier), as you pointed out, it might be because the DSDT is not for my computer, so I decided to patch it up and still struggling which patch i should choose. since chhaggerty has completed his patching and working well for most of the hardwares, i would like to figure out what patch he has took..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back