Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the bluetooth working. Turns out the PCi card was sensitive to the tightness of the screw. I had to put a rubber spacer underneath to keep the card from flexing! Still can't figure out why I get the KP when I boot from the NVME SSD, when the exact same configuration works perfect on the USB stick. Very strange.

I've got the bluetooth working. Turns out the PCi card was sensitive to the tightness of the screw. I had to put a rubber spacer underneath to keep the card from flexing! Still can't figure out why I get the KP when I boot from the NVME SSD, when the exact same configuration works perfect on the USB stick. Very strange.

Compare your EFI/Clover on USB vs. EFI/Clover on SSD.

Compare your EFI/Clover on USB vs. EFI/Clover on SSD.

Yeah, they are identical, I just copy and paste the CLOVER folder over. Clover on the SSD EFI comes up just fine and has no problem booting Windows or Ubuntu. Could it be some obscure clover bug? Did you have some version of Clover that you prefer using?

Yeah, they are identical, I just copy and paste the CLOVER folder over. Clover on the SSD EFI comes up just fine and has no problem booting Windows or Ubuntu. Could it be some obscure clover bug? Did you have some version of Clover that you prefer using?

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here you are, these are similar to my previous post.

IMG_0002.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
Your _DSM->XDSM patch in config.plist is wrong (complete nonsense).
Yeah that was dumb! Not sure how that got in there. I removed that from the config.plist, and added the _DSM rename patch to DSDT.

Last edited:
Yeah that was dumb! Not sure how that got in there. I removed that from the config.plist, and added the _DSM rename patch to DSDT.

Easier to use a correct _DSM->XDSM hotpatch in config.plist...

Same laptop, pretty much same configuration but the SSD was samsung PM951, i was able to install the OS and boot it from the USB EFI, but after I copy everything from USB EFI to HDD EFI, and tried to load the OS from HDD EFI, got a kernel panic, pretty much same as chhaggerty posted, it was pretty strange, I compared the HDD version of EFI and EFI in USB, they are identical.

Clover attached. Dear
RehabMan can you help to take a look? thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 151
Same laptop, pretty much same configuration but the SSD was samsung PM951, i was able to install the OS and boot it from the USB EFI, but after I copy everything from USB EFI to HDD EFI, and tried to load the OS from HDD EFI, got a kernel panic, pretty much same as chhaggerty posted, it was pretty strange, I compared the HDD version of EFI and EFI in USB, they are identical.

Clover attached. Dear
RehabMan can you help to take a look? thanks!

No photo of the panic attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back