CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Ive searched and can't seem to find a direct solution to alc295 headphone jack. when I plug headphones in, sound still comes from speakers, and then after about 30-45 seconds, sound comes through headphone port but its really distorted. any help would be greatly appreciated

@Mrgeque,

It's most likely to do with your audio pin config ... however Audio HDA patching is not my area of expertise, best advice i can give you is to post the issue on the official AppleALC support thread (i'm assuming your using Lilu + AppleALC ?)

I had a similar issue with the headphone/mic combo jack on my HP spectre X360 some time ago and one of the Audio gurus there helped me get it sorted.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Mrgeque,

It's most likely to do with your audio pin config ... however Audio HDA patching is not my area of expertise, best advice i can give you is to post the issue on the official AppleALC support thread (i'm assuming your using Lilu + AppleALC ?)

I had a similar issue with the headphone/mic combo jack on my HP spectre X360 some time ago and one of the Audio gurus there helped me get it sorted.

Cheers
Jay
thanks again @jaymonkey. just out of curiosity, what codec do you use, and what are you currently using to make it work. I'm going to head to the alc thread now

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Just out of curiosity, what codec do you use, and what are you currently using to make it work. I'm going to head to the alc thread now

@Mrgeque,

My HP Spectre X360 laptop has a ALC295 Codec ... am using AppleALC with Layout 3 .... headphones work great when plugged in and speakers shut off, the only issue is the external mic does not work but its a common issue with combo jacks (3.5mm 4 pin).

But as i said some laptop have a different pin config, you'll probably need to do a codec dump in linux, then copy the pin config from the codec dump into pin configurator, fix the errors (pin configurator has a button for that) and the substitute your custom pin config to the one in the layout your using.

If you want to have a go yourself i used this guide :-

it's in german but if you use chrome browser does a decent enough translation, you just need to do the codec dump as detailed in Step 1 and then do Step 3 for the pin config, you then take the exported pin config data from pin configurator and replace the pin config data in the info.plist inside AppleALC for the codec/layout your using.

It sounds complicated but its actually pretty straight forward once you've done it a few times.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited: