Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Pike R's IONVMeFamily patches in order to get my VNMe drive to show up.

Make sure you use the correct patches for your version.
Due to changes in the kext binary, the patches have changed over time and Pike's blog site was never updated to reflect the changes.

The reason I used his patches instead of your method is due to the fact that my Macbook Pro is only capable of running El Capitan and, as your guide regarding the HackrNVMeFamily and class-code spoof clearly states, the host in which I create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml and HackrNVMeFamily*.kext files on must be running the same release of Mac OS as the destination device.

Although not encouraged, you can use older HackrNVMeFamily with newer systems.

I switched to Sierra, but I am still needing to spoof KBL as SKL. If I don't, I do not reach the installer and only see a series of plus signs (+) displayed in verbose mode. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? If I spoof, everything works fine, but I suspect this will cause CPU frequency issues post installation. I have attached some troubleshooting files.

Are you booting Sierra 10.12.6?
Keep in mind native KabyLake support not present in prior versions.

Make sure you use the correct patches for your version.
Due to changes in the kext binary, the patches have changed over time and Pike's blog site was never updated to reflect the changes.
I used the Pike patches that are included in the clover that is installed to the USB during the unibeast Sierra method of install media creation. Hopefully the patches are accurate. It won't matter for long. Once I am stable, I will be switching to your method, which leads me to a new question...
Although not encouraged, you can use older HackrNVMeFamily with newer systems.
What if I create the HackerNVMeFamily kext and class spoof while running Sierra on my NVMe with Pike's patches? I assume it will work fine but want to be sure. After creation, I would remove Pike's patches and switch to the newly created kext and spoof. Thanks.

I used the Pike patches that are included in the clover that is installed to the USB during the unibeast Sierra method of install media creation. Hopefully the patches are accurate. It won't matter for long. Once I am stable, I will be switching to your method, which leads me to a new question...

Keep in mind the correct patches are in my patch-nvme github project.

What if I create the HackerNVMeFamily kext and class spoof while running Sierra on my NVMe with Pike's patches? I assume it will work fine but want to be sure. After creation, I would remove Pike's patches and switch to the newly created kext and spoof. Thanks.

I don't see why that will not work.

Keep in mind the correct patches are in my patch-nvme github project.

I don't see why that will not work.

Thank you.

I have everything working well at this point. I have not yet switched to your method of kext and spoof regarding the NVMe, but will be doing so after sorting out a few bugs.

The bugs that I am struggling with are as follows:
1) Returning from sleep by opening the lid or pressing the power button occasionally leaves the screen black (no backlight). I have to hard power off the laptop. I have done some research and attempted to fix this issue by using the darkwake=0 clover boot argument, but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions are very appreciated.

2) At random, the system will restart. It has not done so while being used, but while sitting anywhere from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. At first I assumed that the sleep settings were causing a problem, but I have since disabled sleep and the issue still occurs. I then assumed that an application in the login-items was causing the issue (possibly Android File Transfer, Dish Anywhere or Steam), but I have disabled these programs and the issue still occurs. Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort. I have detailed notes of my entire experience with this laptop. In your opinion, is a guide needed? If so, I will start working on one.

Kindly...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 164
Thank you.

I have everything working well at this point. I have not yet switched to your method of kext and spoof regarding the NVMe, but will be doing so after sorting out a few bugs.

The bugs that I am struggling with are as follows:
1) Returning from sleep by opening the lid or pressing the power button occasionally leaves the screen black (no backlight). I have to hard power off the laptop. I have done some research and attempted to fix this issue by using the darkwake=0 clover boot argument, but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions are very appreciated.

2) At random, the system will restart. It has not done so while being used, but while sitting anywhere from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. At first I assumed that the sleep settings were causing a problem, but I have since disabled sleep and the issue still occurs. I then assumed that an application in the login-items was causing the issue (possibly Android File Transfer, Dish Anywhere or Steam), but I have disabled these programs and the issue still occurs. Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort. I have detailed notes of my entire experience with this laptop. In your opinion, is a guide needed? If so, I will start working on one.

Kindly...

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I have attached the files.

Thank you for your time.

Output of requested terminal commands:
Code:
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f83217000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   91    1 0xffffff7f82ecb000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <90 89 72 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  117    0 0xffffff7f8304d000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <116 91 90 89 76 72 6 5 4 3 1>
users-air:RehabMan user$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory
users-air:RehabMan user$ pmset -g assertions
2017-10-13 02:46:42 -0400
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 100(hidd): [0x0000002500098049] 00:38:41 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968005.3"
    Timeout will fire in 898 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler
users-air:RehabMan user$ system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 129
  • IOReg.zip
    625.1 KB · Views: 82
  • RehabMan.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 89
I have attached the files.

Thank you for your time.

Output of requested terminal commands:
Code:
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f83217000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
users-air:RehabMan user$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   91    1 0xffffff7f82ecb000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <90 89 72 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  117    0 0xffffff7f8304d000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <116 91 90 89 76 72 6 5 4 3 1>
users-air:RehabMan user$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory
users-air:RehabMan user$ pmset -g assertions
2017-10-13 02:46:42 -0400
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 100(hidd): [0x0000002500098049] 00:38:41 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968005.3"
    Timeout will fire in 898 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler
users-air:RehabMan user$ system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM

Your ACPI/patched content is out-of-sync with native ACPI/origin.
Note that SystemMemory addresses are different:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
<                 OperationRegion (XMIO, SystemMemory, Local0, 0x9000)
<         OperationRegion (PNVS, SystemMemory, 0x84155000, 0x006C)
>         OperationRegion (PNVS, SystemMemory, 0x84C12000, 0x6C)

I installed a NGFF BCM94352Z I bought on ebay

Hi,

do you still have a link for that card, i heard there was something called whitelisting and i don't wanna buy a card that wont work with my laptop...

thank you!

Hi,

do you still have a link for that card, i heard there was something called whitelisting and i don't wanna buy a card that wont work with my laptop...

thank you!

This one worked for me, but I had to tape the disable leads just like chhaggerty did. If you look through some of the older posts in this thread, you will see what I mean.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352160997415

I have a different laptop than you: HP Envy x360 13-y013cl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back