Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] Hp Envy 15-as133cl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that fixed my issue! Thanks. Can you please give some links which explains it?

Just a matter of using an ig-platform-id that is likely for your device-id...
You can get a list of all ig-platform-id values in the kext:

Install Hex Fiend.
In Terminal:
Code:
open -a "Hex Fiend" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer
In Hex Fiend, search for a known ig-platform-id, for example, 0x59120000 is hex search for '00 00 12 59'
Each ig-platform-id is 184 bytes (in this kext and SKL).
It helps to expand the Hex Fiend window to 23 columns (need a big screen, 184/4/2=23), because then you can see each ig-platform-id lined up vertically (every other row).
You will find the table starts with 0x591e0000 and the last is 0x591b0106. The 0xFFFFFFFF signifies the end of table.

Is it mandatory if changing platform-id helped me?

The FakeID is probably not needed.

Still have video bug after display sleep :(
Also, i had patched dsdt for shutdown fix, but it didn't help me, but as i noticied you can't help with it.

Attaching problem files.
Also i was pleasantly surprised exploring that tool hides my serial and uuid.

Attachments

• IMG_20180129_091800.jpg
    IMG_20180129_091800.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 88
  • debug_9213.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
Thanks, it helped me. Wrote shortguide in my first post about fixing video problem.

Hi,

Good job with your laptop, i'll try to make an hotpatch out of the shutdown fix... Since i'm done with my ios programming class... it might take some time before i have the chance to play with my macOs installation again... I'll also try to fix my hdmi audio output at the same time aha

Is it fine if I point to your post in my first post ;) ( for people with hd 640 and 7560U )

Good luck!

Hi,

Good job with your laptop, i'll try to make an hotpatch out of the shutdown fix... Since i'm done with my ios programming class... it might take some time before i have the chance to play with my macOs installation again... I'll also try to fix my hdmi audio output at the same time aha

Is it fine if I point to your post in my first post ;) ( for people with hd 640 and 7560U )

Good luck!

Various shutdown fixes are already in my SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl.
See my hotpatch guide.

Of course! Shutdown bug is not critical but it would be good, if you'll pay attention to it. Thanks.

Hi again.
Touchpad stops working after ~day uptime. Reboot fixes it of course. Had same issue with U310 on 10.12.
Attaching log files, hope that is enough, cus if i reboot, i will lost issue.

Attachments

• 1023.zip
    503.5 KB · Views: 64
Hi again.
Touchpad stops working after ~day uptime. Reboot fixes it of course. Had same issue with U310 on 10.12.
Attaching log files, hope that is enough, cus if i reboot, i will lost issue.
Problem was resolved by clean system installation with updated kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back