Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
HP-Envy-13-ad.png

This is my first Laptop Project, I'd appreciate some help to get the missing aspects to work!

Specs:
HP Envy 13 aq1002ng
Intel i7-10510U
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVidia MX250 (disabled)

Toshiba KBG30ZMV512G (512gb)
BRCM DW1820A (after swapping)

Bayhub microSD Cardreader (Seemingly USB)
Realtek ALC285 Codec
Synaptic I2C HID Trackpad (SYNA328E)

Not working:
- Trackpad (W.I.P. - should be compatible with VoodooI2C)
- Sound (W.I.P. - no proper AppleALC codec yet)
- Internal WIFI Card (Has to be swapped)
- Bluetooth (W.I.P.)
- Fingerprint (Will probably never work)
- SD Card reader (Will probably never work but we can try)

Installation:
You might want to change your sector size to 4k before installing macOS. You can find multiple guides on the internet on how to do it with a Linux live distro.

Create a bootable Catalina USB Drive on another mac machine. Install Clover to it as usual (UEFI mode), download the attached files and overwrite the CLOVER folder. Boot into the BIOS and disable SecureBoot, other than that we are pretty limited.

Now restart, hold F9 and boot from your Clover Stick. Go to settings and select the "config_install.plist". Then boot the Installer and go on as usual.

Post-Install:
From here on chose the "config_post.plist" to boot into macOS. Boot into macOS and setup your account.
You will need a USB mouse (until we are able to fix the trackpad).
Install Clover on your System Drive and once again copy over the clover folder from the USB Drive and replace the one on your internal drive.
Restart and dump your DSDT (F4 on clover screen). You will need a Smartphone with USB Tethering from here on.

DSDT:
Use macIASL to open your DSDT.dsl from Clover/ACPI/origin. First compile it and search the log for the one red error message. Click on it and delete the corresponding line.

Apply the following patches: [gfx0]Disable from REG, [sys]OS Check Fix (Windows 10), [GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SKL+], brightnesskeys_fix (from the attached zip).

Compile it once again and save it as ACPI Machine Language Binary (DSDT.aml). Move that file to CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
Shutdown the Laptop.

WIFI:
Open up the Laptop and replace the internal WIFI Card with your DW1820A. Personally I'd suggest the DW1650 but since that one has become extremely overpriced I'm just going with the 1820A for now.

Disassembly: There are two Torx T10 screws on the lower side of the back. The other Phillips Screws are hidden behind the rubber bands on top and on the bottom. There should be 4 screws up top, and 2 on the lower side. Remove them and use a guitar pick or plastic tool to open up the laptop, starting from the hinges. BE CAREFUL the hinges are made of fragile plastic. (Thanks HP)

ATTENTION: DO NOT OPEN THE LAPTOP LID WHILE THE BACK COVER IS REMOVED.
Only one screw on each side is holding hinge and laptop body together, and the socket is made of really fragile plastic.

Swap the WIFI Card, reattach the antennas and assemble the backplate.
Start macOS from here on with the normal "config.plist" and you will see that WIFI is now working (5gHz as well).

Disable Hibernation:
Open Terminal and use the following Commands

Code:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0

Where to go from here:
We now have a working Laptop with spoofed IGPU, power management, battery status, USB Ports, disabled eGPU, working display brightness and function keys.
You can use OneKeyCPUFriend if you want to change the CPU power management further.

Trackpad:
Still W.I.P. have to figure out how to get it working. Windows and Hackintool Device Info attached.

i2c Synaptics Touchpad.png

Sound:
Should be working soon, waiting for the AppleALC team to update. VoodooHDA is not working. Possible Layout ID's according to the documentation are 11, 21 and 31.

Audio ALC285.png

Bluetooth:
Working on it.

Power Consumption:
Fingerprint reader and SD card reader should be disabled via SSDT, working on that. Card reader might be possible to use (not a priority atm.)

DISCONTINUED

Attachments

• HP Envy 13 10th gen.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,915
Last edited:
Can you give more info on your progress with the trackpad before you discontinued your build. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S540 with a comet lake i5-10210U and i got everything working (even the card reader) on it except the trackpad.

@3ig do you have 14 or 15 inch version of this laptop? Could you provide your clover?

After give up the yoga c940 where internal display is not working i'll buy also a s540. Comet lake i5 is working but i7 will be a problem I think.. or older s540 with whiskey lake

This can be loaded. Modify info to add ID

Attachments

• VoodooHDA(ALC257).kext.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 253
I2C can feed back the kernel's kext log to ben9223

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back