1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey y'all, am new here. :headbang:

Will be building my fourth* Hackintosh in a couple of weeks, am waiting on the case to arrive so I can get going on the build. I'm based in Japan, so prices are listed in Yen.

I hope it works with Big Sur! I'll be digging around here over the next few weeks to find everything I need, but I thought I'd start this thread just incase anyone is interested in my progress.

* May or may not be my fourth. Could be more... I started with Mac OS X 10.5. Been building computers for 10 years...

--- The Parts ---

Case:
Thermaltake Core P1 | ¥30,330
CoreP1.jpg

Board: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming | ¥33,310

Memory: Corsair DDR4 2666MHz 32GB (2x 16GB) | ¥23,860

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K Unlocked | ¥59,950

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 | ¥14,120

GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ RADEON RX580 8GB GDDR5 | ¥49,800

Water Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum | ¥15,490

---

I tend to favour Mini ITX builds because they present a challenge -- finding parts which are powerful enough but fit within the confines.

This case caught my eye, and next minute ¥226,860 later I had everything except the case delivered. Curse these COVID-shipping delays!

But what's more fun than building a rig during Lockdown? :thumbup::lol:

Looking forward to talking with all y'all!

Hi, welcome. Happy to see the progress of your project.

PS: I like your xCode based nick :)

Update: 2021/01/26

After following all of the OpenCore instructions, I am proud to announce that I have Big Sur running on my hardware! :clap:

Outstanding issues:

- Wi-Fi is quite finicky, and fluctuates in speed. Using the onboard I225-V chip for it.
- Bluetooth works great with my Apple Magic Trackpad & Apple Magic Keyboard.
- It does not like my Happy Hacking Keyboard, and refuses to pair.
- It also has issues pairing with other BT peripherals.
- For the time being it's fine, but I have ordered a BCM94360CS + adapter which I will use instead.

- H100i was causing some weird sleep issues, so I disabled the port with USBMap kext and the sleep issue is resolved.

I will attach my EFI folder in a future post!

I am gonna have my first proper hackintosh build as well with very similar hardware like yours! and this case looks amazing (just dont think about the dust though...) !

Update 2021/03/07

I resolved my Wifi issues by getting a BCM94360CS chip and using an m.2 M key adapter.

Unfortunately the chip doesn’t have a BT antenna, so I inject the Intel AX201 chip bluetooth support so I can use the rig from afar.

Zero issues with Airdrop or Handoff or Continuity either! Sidecar also works great.

I may get a different BCM card online, one with a BT antenna so I can rely on only one chip. But for now it’s great and I’m actively working on an Xcode side project!

Pictures coming in the next post (gotta rejig some cabling )

Can you please post the EFI folder? I get errors that I can't fix. It feels like a loop of errors, day 4 trying to install Big Sur :(

Can you please post the EFI folder? I get errors that I can't fix. It feels like a loop of errors, day 4 trying to install Big Sur :(
Sure! I moved this over to the User Builds section. You'll find the EFI Folder Repo there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back