Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
BioStar B150GTN
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Last Updated: 31 Oct

Hi, I thought about creating this thread to help other users with the same laptop. I can’t call it a guide yet because I’m still working on it and learning about hackintosh.

I don’t have any problems so far, all guides are helping a lot, as soon as I’m close to get everything that I need working, I’m going to try to write a guide.

I'll try to keep the post updated.

This should help anyone with basic Knowledge accomplish the same results.

My Specs
  • I7 7700HQ
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Intel HD Graphics 630
  • NVidia 1050TI
  • 15 inch Full HD IPS (In some countries it uses a TN Panel, replaced mine because the factory TN panel sucks)
  • 250GB Samsung EVO 850 / Samsung 960 Evo ( factory storage is either a 1tb hard drive or 250gb ssd but not Samsung)
  • Intel Wi-Fi replaced with BCM4352Z
  • Realtek USB 2.0 Card reader (0BDA, 0129)
  • Audio ALC255
Tested and working
  • Wifi(after replaced)
  • TouchPad with gestures
  • Keyboard with backlight
  • HD 630
  • USB
  • HDMI(audio not tested)
  • Webcam
  • LAN
  • Bluetooth
  • Screen Brightness
  • Battery
  • Audio (Speakers, Internal Mic)
Not working
  • 1050TI
  • SD Card reader
  • Audio (Combo Jack partially working, P2 headphone connector = Background noise, P3 headphone connector = Distorted sound on high volume, normal volume = karaoke like sound, changing the balance or muting one of the channels fixes the issue but the sound will be mono, meaning that it will look like it is working but there if you run a left right test, you will not be able to tell where is coming from. See more details bellow.
Not tested/WIP
  • USB C (don't have a device to test it)
Notes
  • Only High Sierra tested
  • Wireless card was replaced
  • Bios was updated to version 1.06, I did not test previous versions.

Part 1 (Before Installation)

Pre-installation

• Working MacOs machine
  • Flash Drive
BIOS Settings (version 1.06)
  • Disable Secure Boot
  • Set trackpad mode to "Standard" and use SmartTouchPad Kext, both keyboard and touchpad should work fine. Voodoops2 Kext not needed.
For now I’m going to link the tutorials that I have been using and add some tips as I progress the hack.

1)Create USB installer

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

After creating the installer you have to use your working MacOS system to disable the 1050TI or you will probably have "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU” error after booting your USB installer

Note: When creating your usb installer, extract your own apfs.efi, if you download it somewhere might be an old version.

2)Patch your DSDT/SSDT

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

3)Disabling discrete graphics

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Now you should be able to install, during the installation it is normal to reboot a couple of times, after each reboot you must select your flash drive and after that your High Sierra partition. Files used are attached to the post. (config.plist, Kexts)

Tip

SSDT-5 is the one you should edit to disable the 1050TI

Part 2 (After Installation)

1)Audio (the bad guy)

As you know audio is partially working. Just Install Audio.zip to S/L/E files and repair permissions/rebuild cache using Kext Wizard.
Change your layout id to 3, I also applied IRQ fix to my DSDT.

*You don't need HDAEnabler if you patched your DSDT correctly

Details about what works and what does not:

Speakers work fine, microphone seems to be working fine either, but headphone the combo jack has couple issues, if I plug a headphone that has a P2 connector I keep hearing a background noise and If I boot with it connected, the laptop crashes and only boots without it, if I plug a p3 headphone the noise goes alway but the sound gets distorted + There is no way to tell if the sound is coming from the left or right. Changing the balance or muting one of the channels fixes the issues for p3 connector but the sound will not be stereo.

31-October

Yesterday I copied all ALC255 platforms/layout/verbs from the AppleALC's SourceForge and applied each one them to my AppleHDA.kext hoping that one of them was compatible with the VX15, and.....nothing, still could no get the combo jack working 100%.

BUT

I kind found a solution for me(pure luck), I bought a used USB Mic really cheap(Samson Meteor) a week ago to record some videos and it arrived today, I knew it had a headphone port so I could listen to my voice while recording, What I did not know was that it also works as a USB sound card, so now my headphone is working 100% with great quality(at least for my use)!

I'm still going to look for a way to make the combojack work, but for now I'm very happy!

2)Screen Brightness

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightInjector.kext

Working fine, only Fn+ arrows not working but you can set your own keys in settings.

3)Fix Timezone(Dual Boot)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-incorrect-time-in-windows-osx-dual-boot.133719/

News

Code:
23-October

HDMI tested
Updated bios settings
Updated Kexts and config.plist
Added image

24-October

Lan tested
Webcam tested
Added TRIM Patch to config.plist
Stress tested CPU to check temperatures and fan speed
Updated Kexts so Bluetooth would work
Struggling to get audio working

25-October

Added note about apfs.efi
fixed link

26-October

Screen Brightness working 90%
Sd card reader not supported
Added details about the problems that I'm having
Battery working with ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Updated files

27-October

Tested Voodoohda
Updated installation notes
TouchPad gestures work with SmartTouchPad Kext
Brightness working fine now, only Fn+ arrows not working
Updated config.plist

28-October

Audio Partially working

30-October

Updated audio issues
Added codegraph folder if in case someone wants to look at the codecdump

31-October

Updated audio topic

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 846
  • Audio.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 622
  • codecgraph.zip
    189 KB · Views: 447
  • config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:
audio is not set correctly missing in config !

Also Missing power management and so called Brightnes control is not real its an app that makes the display black but nothing else !

Also Missing power management and so called Brightnes control is not real its an app that makes the display black but nothing else !

About your first post, if you mean the layout Id not set in config.plist, I did it via dsdt patch as explained in my post. And the brightness is working fine, I'm not using any app. About the power management, if you mean cpu states, I did not get there yet

I'm trying to update the the first post and the forum is not allowing me to, so I'm posting here so try to update later

EDIT

Updated

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I did exactly as the guide said about the nvidia chip and I'm still getting "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU”.

Method(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4) is exactly as it should be, and I've included the file in my patched directory, as well as config.plist.

We have the same exact model of vx15, regarding CPU and GPU, so would it be possible for me to get a list of what dsdt patches you applied, as well as your ssdt spoof file?

Edit:

My dsdt file is a mess, for sure, but everything (except backlight control) is more or less working flawlessly on a fully updated 10.12 build. This issue with the window server service is the only real setback I have.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I did exactly as the guide said about the nvidia chip and I'm still getting "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU”.

Method(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4) is exactly as it should be, and I've included the file in my patched directory, as well as config.plist.

We have the same exact model of vx15, regarding CPU and GPU, so would it be possible for me to get a list of what dsdt patches you applied, as well as your ssdt spoof file?

Edit:

My dsdt file is a mess, for sure, but everything (except backlight control) is more or less working flawlessly on a fully updated 10.12 build. This issue with the window server service is the only real setback I have.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Edit:

Apply Remove igpu and INI patches to SSDT5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back