Contribute
Register

[WIP] Acer Aspire VX15 VX5-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I once installed SIERRA (10.12) to my laptop whereas first on ssd came macOS and afterwards windows.
I needed like 2 weeks to accomplish this as these things are way out of my league and I barely got it working had stuff like brightness not work but that was ok for me.

Now I need to update sadly because of Xcode needing High sierra to be able to update through the app store.
I totally forgot how all worked and I can not find my resources and also people say with High sierra stuff is alot different.

I have this same Laptop with a little variation (512 GB ssd + 1TB hdd) rest should be the same I think.

I tried to follow your "guide" but I failed almost immediately. Now I tried creating the usb installer from my Sierra hackintosh.
I did follow TheRehabMans tutorial for that but I had problems when I was at clover EFI installer where I had to choose a driver for Drivers64UEFI so I chose two or so which seemed ok, idk for sure how to tell whats needed . One of them was like "Aptiodrv64" or similiar.

Now that part was already making me dizzy =D

Then I kinda just copied his config.plist and kexts into the clover efi on the usb. not sure what I'm doing again xD

Anyway now when I boot to the USB Clover it only shows me Windows EFI as boot partition.
BUT if I boot into my existant (on SSD) Clover it will show me Windows / macOS / macOS repair / macOS High Sierra Installer
boot partitions.
Why is that not working?

Then I started it from the SSD clover but got this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
and there I have totally zero ideas how to proceed. Its like alien language to me xD

Could one of you guys with the laptop who set it up guide me through or make a FULL guide?!

Thanks for the read. Good bye!

Edit : Just for clarification I am trying to install macOS High Sierra on this laptop by wiping the old Sierra one. Someone told me thats better and that the upgrade thing wont be a good idea.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Good evening friends, I'm new to this Hackintosh universe and I just did the procedure on my Acer VX15. However I have some problems, currently my hackintosh is installed on an external hard drive, I wanted to install on the internal hard drive, however, at the time of installation my internal hard drives do not appear in the disk utility. Can anyone help me with this? I have two hard disks installed on the laptop: HDD SATA WD 1TB and a SSD M.2 Samsung 256GB.

Good evening friends, I'm new to this Hackintosh universe and I just did the procedure on my Acer VX15. However I have some problems, currently my hackintosh is installed on an external hard drive, I wanted to install on the internal hard drive, however, at the time of installation my internal hard drives do not appear in the disk utility. Can anyone help me with this? I have two hard disks installed on the laptop: HDD SATA WD 1TB and a SSD M.2 Samsung 256GB.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

my audio (Aspire 5 A515-51g) Kaby Lake ALC255 is working after these two lines in Terminal (I have a script that runs them at every login).

hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25
hda-verb 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83

Hope that helps you out a bit... OH, I used AppleHDAPatcher1.7, installed everything for Clover (including 4 patches it created), but still had horrible sound (mainly through headphone jack). So I bit the bullet, and installed FULLY PATCHED AppleHDA.kext

So help me, this worked (aDummyHDA.kext did NOT work). I will need to repatch AppleHDA.kext with each update... but I am more than happy with my working headphones now :)

Does sleep work on your laptop, or is it untested?

I am yet to disable NVIDIA 940mx, so my computer soft-locks with a blackscreen without ever sleeping :(

I will attempt to fix this shortly.

Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi! Please, could you explain with details how you enabled the wifi future? For brighness control you dont need to use AppleBacklightInjector.kext. Just use FN+Del/PrtScreen

About your first post, if you mean the layout Id not set in config.plist, I did it via dsdt patch as explained in my post. And the brightness is working fine, I'm not using any app. About the power management, if you mean cpu states, I did not get there yet
Hello bro can you share you clover folder to me..i have the same laptop as yours..trying to hackintosh bit i dont have any idea about dsdt and ssdt extraction and patching..if you can provide me with you fully functional clover folder with sound and screen sleep fix i will be highly obliged..i really need to install macos on my acer vx15 v5-591g..thank you in advance

Ok i manged to install high sierra on my laptop ..only thing which is not working now is audio via hdmi...the display via hdmi works perfectly well its only the audio i cannot get to work...any help will be appreciated...thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back