Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Huawei matebook x pro 2020
CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
GTX MX250
So, I followed all the steps to the letter(after failing a couple of times), and managed to finally install High Sierra on my pre-built MSI Codex.

So far, so good. The OS is installed, I run MultiBeast, install all the correct drivers and bootloader. I then proceed to install the Nvidia drivers, and then it asks for a reboot. Fine, I think, I'll reboot.

And then it happens. My PC simply won't let me boot MacOS. In fact, it declines access to the UEFI/BIOS, and while I can frantically click Delete to save my life, it just ignores it, and boots right into Windows. Like there's no BIOS available. The USB drive with Uniboot and MacOS is of course present, which it previously booted from, but there's no bootloader, or any loader for that matter. It's just Windows. That's it.

Any takers? I'm obviously doing something wrong.
I installed UEFI Bootloader from within MultiBeast, and all steps I've done thus far have been correct. But I'm writing this post from withing Windows, so something is obviously not working as it should.

I'll let it be said, that in the last 6 or so years, this is my second attempt at this. The first one actually booted into OS X, but at the time, there were no drivers available for Fermi cards, and I scrapped it.

After reading the guides, I deemed it was possible for my setup, and whilst I'm a noob at this particular stuff, I've been following it to the letter, so I'm pretty sure I've not done anything directly wrong, but there's the snag of booting.

anyone?

I'll let it be said, that in the last 6 or so years, this is my second attempt at this. The first one actually booted into OS X, but at the time, there were no drivers available for Fermi cards, and I scrapped it.

After reading the guides, I deemed it was possible for my setup, and whilst I'm a noob at this particular stuff, I've been following it to the letter, so I'm pretty sure I've not done anything directly wrong, but there's the snag of booting.

anyone?
You can choose to enter setup on the next boot from a booted OS. How you do this from windows, i only know EasyUEFI which was free, but apparently no longer is. There are probably other methods to set the boot next variable. Sounds like fast boot is turned on when it should be turned off.

Edit: You can get to firmware settings from Windows settings

@tomellingsen, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Sure, I'll get to that when I get home.

I'll also mention that I didn't purchase the PC with customac in mind, so it may have an issue there, but as I said, it did work initially.

Vulgo : thanks, I'll give that a try as well!

Successfully managed to boot into BIOS, and the pen drive again, so that's progress. MacOS boots on the third try(without the stop sign), and then about 75% of the way through loading, it stops, and there's a spinning wheel below the progress bar.

tried three times, the third time I left it for an hour or so, just to check if I was simply being impatient.

Reinstall time?

It is indeed a H110 chipset!
Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back