Intel Skylake i7 6700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 940MX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good day,

My Macbook Air died and parts will only be available in about a month so I was thinking of setting up a Hackintosh in the mean time in order to continue my IOS development. Only thing is that I've managed to get my El Capitan Install off of the SSD but it is not in a bootable form. I've read on TonyMac that you can make a bootable USB drive with UniBeast but this is a Mac app. Is there a Windows version so I can create a bootable flash drive on my Windows Laptop? Or maybe different software that does the same as UniBeast? I do not know anyone else with a Mac.

Help would be much appreciated.

Good day,

My Macbook Air died and parts will only be available in about a month so I was thinking of setting up a Hackintosh in the mean time in order to continue my IOS development. Only thing is that I've managed to get my El Capitan Install off of the SSD but it is not in a bootable form. I've read on TonyMac that you can make a bootable USB drive with UniBeast but this is a Mac app. Is there a Windows version so I can create a bootable flash drive on my Windows Laptop? Or maybe different software that does the same as UniBeast? I do not know anyone else with a Mac.

Laptops are not the easiest hardware on which to install OS X. You might want to post this question in the Laptop forum after you have read http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/laptop-compatibility.106791/

Without access to a Mac, you will need to start with Snow Leopard, which will be made more difficult because there is no support in SL for your PCH/CPU in your laptop.

Good luck.

Laptops are not the easiest hardware on which to install OS X. You might want to post this question in the Laptop forum after you have read http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/laptop-compatibility.106791/

Without access to a Mac, you will need to start with Snow Leopard, which will be made more difficult because there is no support in SL for your PCH/CPU in your laptop.

Good luck.

Thanks Going Bald, seems I'm in for some tears, frustration and not much sleep!

Good day,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back