Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170A Tomahawk
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hi,

I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 and MacOS High Sierra. As the title states, whenever I enable windows Sandbox, windows stops booting and gives a BSOD entitled "KMode exception not handled" with no error code.

The reason I'm posting this here is that this seems to be a Clover config issue. After tweaking around a lot I found out that this issue only occurs when trying to boot into Windows through Clover. If I change my bootmfgw.efi file to an older version which directly boots into Windows, it's working perfectly fine.

I have disabled fast startup in windows options as well as the bios, have disabled the Hyper-V network adapter. Tried with disabled VT-x in bios as well as enabled and tried with the dart=0 boot option in Clover.

None of them worked, and I'm really hoping for a solution to this. If anyone wants any troubleshooting info please feel free to ask.

Do you have SVM enabled in BIOS and Hypervisor Platform + Hyper-V enabled in Windows Features.
What version of Windows? 1903 or later?

Do you have SVM enabled in BIOS and Hypervisor Platform + Hyper-V enabled in Windows Features.
What version of Windows? 1903 or later?
Windows v1909. No option for SVM since I'm on an i7-7700k (I googled and it seems the option is only on AMD, correct me if I'm wrong).

Hypervisor Platform and hyper v were enabled which caused the BSOD.

OK, with no driver indicated after the error, Windows can't determine the cause. First thing to try is disable fast boot in BIOS. Then open device manager and check for updates to the drivers listed for the hardware. Check the board OEM site for updated drivers - is there a BIOS update you can apply? Next step is to check the RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic - enter "memory diagnostic" in the command bar search box (without " ") and select the resulting command. Click "Restart now and check for problems" and wait for the scan to complete.

Another thing you can try is to open a command terminal window and type in the following at the prompt:

C:\Windows|system32>sfc /scannow

and hit enter. When the scan is complete, restart.

If none of the above works, try a clean install of Win10.

Okay so now the BSOD has changed to IRQL not less or equal when updating to Windows version 2004.

Fast boot is disabled. No driver updates that I can see. No BIOS update. Windows memory diagnostic found no errors. sfc scan returned no errors.

Reinstalled Windows as well before posting on this forum

To be honest, it seems like an issue with clover because when I boot directly to windows, everything works perfectly fine. It's only when booting into windows from clover that I get the issue. Do you have any ideas?

BUMP

No memory dump being created either, tried troubleshooting it but no avail. Could that be related?

BUMP

No memory dump being created either, tried troubleshooting it but no avail. Could that be related?
If it works fine booting from BIOS and only hangs when booting from Clover then it is an issue with something Clover is doing. What drivers are you using in Clover/kexts/other? Try removing all of them, reboot to Win10 and test. If it works, then add each kext back one by one and reboot to Win10 & test again.
What have you added in ACPI/Patched? Some SSDT may be the culprit. Again, try remove-reboot-test-add back to try to find the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back