1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey all y'all

i'm beginning to get really frustrated with my hackintosh.

My setup:
Z170x-ud5 th (bios f4)
240GB ssd
UEFI Windows install boot usb

I am trying to get it to dual boot El Capitan and Windows 10 off of my one ssd which is partitioned in 2 GUID partitions (extended journal & fat (witch i later formatted in windows installer))
I install the mac operating system without any problems
But every time i try to install Windows i get an error saying that the drive is mbr and not gpt therefore windows can't install.

settings:
BIOS Features_[17-26-25].jpgPeripherals_[17-26-37].jpg

despite everything i do i can't seem to get passed the windows error.
Any ideas?

Hey all y'all

i'm beginning to get really frustrated with my hackintosh.

My setup:
Z170x-ud5 th (bios f4)
240GB ssd
UEFI Windows install boot usb

I am trying to get it to dual boot El Capitan and Windows 10 off of my one ssd which is partitioned in 2 GUID partitions (extended journal & fat

Which is your problem - Windows will not install UEFI mode on MBR scheme and formatting the partition MSDOS FAT created a hybrid GUID/MBR partition
Launch Disk Utility
Delete the FAT partition
Extend the OS X partition to the limits of the FAT partition
Click continue to complete format and exit disk utility.
Launch Disk Utility again and create your partition for Windows but format it Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) as if for OS X. Exit DU, shutdown.

Boot to Windows installer, select the partition you just created, delete it
With the free space you just created selected, install Windows on that partition. Windows installer will create needed partitions and format them.

Then there is some work to be done in Clover to be able to boot your new Windows partition.

Which is your problem - Windows will not install UEFI mode on MBR scheme and formatting the partition MSDOS FAT created a hybrid GUID/MBR partition
Launch Disk Utility
Delete the FAT partition
Extend the OS X partition to the limits of the FAT partition
Click continue to complete format and exit disk utility.
Launch Disk Utility again and create your partition for Windows but format it Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) as if for OS X. Exit DU, shutdown.

Boot to Windows installer, select the partition you just created, delete it
With the free space you just created selected, install Windows on that partition. Windows installer will create needed partitions and format them.

Then there is some work to be done in Clover to be able to boot your new Windows partition.

Thank you very much that worked first time. What is it specifically that i have to do in clover to boot windows?
Have a somewhat of understanding of how clover works but dont quiet know how to apply the extra boot entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back