Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
First of all, I would like thank a member for working very close with me to resolve my initial issue concerning loosing my MAC OS X startup drive. Reference my post “Lost Clover and OS X drive after Win 7 Install”.

I have an H77N-wifi running 10.9.5 1 TB drive partitioned with a 250 GB Windows system and 750GB OS X system. The 750GB partition is my main boot system and the 250GB for Windows is secondary when I need it. I cannot boot into the Windows partition with Clover. When selecting the option I get a black screen with a white square in the middle of the screen and everything just hangs. This partition worked just fine prior to my original issue. I’ve tried to re-install Windows 7 from a CD but Clover gets in the way when the installation needs to restart the system to complete the install. I’m not sure that the installation completed correctly. I believe my EFI partition has all the files needed but I read that I also need a Windows/system32/winload-efi file. I’m at a loss at this point.

Has anyone any suggestions on this matter?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First of all, I would like thank a member for working very close with me to resolve my initial issue concerning loosing my MAC OS X startup drive. Reference my post “Lost Clover and OS X drive after Win 7 Install”.

I have an H77N-wifi running 10.9.5 1 TB drive partitioned with a 250 GB Windows system and 750GB OS X system. The 750GB partition is my main boot system and the 250GB for Windows is secondary when I need it. I cannot boot into the Windows partition with Clover. When selecting the option I get a black screen with a white square in the middle of the screen and everything just hangs. This partition worked just fine prior to my original issue. I’ve tried to re-install Windows 7 from a CD but Clover gets in the way when the installation needs to restart the system to complete the install. I’m not sure that the installation completed correctly. I believe my EFI partition has all the files needed but I read that I also need a Windows/system32/winload-efi file. I’m at a loss at this point.

Has anyone any suggestions on this matter?
Impossible to say for sure without knowing your hardware and you neglected to follow the forum rules about entering hardware into your profile.
Best I can do is point to the pinned guide for installing on the same drive at the start of this forum.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H-Clover
CPU
i7-2600K @ 4.6GHz OC
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You can make this kind of install but you will have issues to update Windows. Many updates that need to reboot more than one time are not installing when the installation disk cannot boot directly. Update is failling even, if you manage to reboot manually from clover. You should use different disks to avoid this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.