i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I recently updated my Hackintosh from El Capitan to Catalina. Mac OS runs fine but my partition of Windows is not bootable anymore.

I have Windows installed on a separate SD (Samsung Evo). I can still see the partition i.e. in Disk Utility (see the screenshot). The partition lost its name and is not available during the boot process. Disk Utility shows the 'Owner' of the disk as 'Disabled' whereas my working disk with Mac OS on it shows the Owner as Enabled. Maybe that has something to do with it.

In the Clover Configurator the Windows Partition (disk1) is still visible but not bootable (see screenshot).

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 10.49.05.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 10.49.05.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 10.54.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 10.54.51.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 132
Moved to Multi Booting.

@Going Bald Can you tell me how to do this? I cannot run an .exe File on Mac OS, do I?

Hi there.

Ignoring Clover for a moment, can you press F12 at the BIOS menu and select "Windows Boot Manager" to get into Windows ?

:)

@Going Bald Can you tell me how to do this? I cannot run an .exe File on Mac OS, do I?
In windows, press the WinKey (windows flag) + the R key and type msinfo32 into the box that opens. The regular search box works too.

In windows, press the WinKey (windows flag) + the R key and type msinfo32 into the box that opens. The regular search box works too.
@trs96 Thanks for the info but I cannot boot Windows. I can only boot Mac OS. The point where I can start the command line tool is not reachable for me at the moment.

Hi there.

Ignoring Clover for a moment, can you press F12 at the BIOS menu and select "Windows Boot Manager" to get into Windows ?

@UtterDisbelief A very good suggestion indeed. I can see the Windows Partition in the BIOS. I selected it but then UEFI booted and there I could only choose Mac OS again :/ I tried it 3 times and I also tried every other boot option in the BIOS.

@trs96 Thanks for the info but I cannot boot Windows. I can only boot Mac OS. The point where I can start the command line tool is not reachable for me at the moment.

@UtterDisbelief A very good suggestion indeed. I can see the Windows Partition in the BIOS. I selected it but then UEFI booted and there I could only choose Mac OS again :/ I tried it 3 times and I also tried every other boot option in the BIOS.

Hmmmm. Okay. I think the problem is not helped because there are so many EFI folders in your system. Can't be helped, I know, as all OSs are on separate drives.

If Windows was installed in UEFI mode ... Firstly, identify the disks using Disk Util (as you have done already) Use EFI Mounter V3.1 (from our site) to mount the Windows drive. In its EFI partition should be a folder called "Microsoft" and in there are the boot files.

If you can't find one then that is why the drive is not booting.

Check the other drives in case it got moved.

@EmanuelTheDude
Can you boot the Win10 installer USB/DVD?
If you can, do so, and instead of clicking the install button select from lower left corner repair button and follow screen prompts.

Hmmmm. Okay. I think the problem is not helped because there are so many EFI folders in your system. Can't be helped, I know, as all OSs are on separate drives.

If Windows was installed in UEFI mode ... Firstly, identify the disks using Disk Util (as you have done already) Use EFI Mounter V3.1 (from our site) to mount the Windows drive. In its EFI partition should be a folder called "Microsoft" and in there are the boot files.

If you can't find one then that is why the drive is not booting.

Check the other drives in case it got moved.

@UtterDisbelief I used the EFI Mounter v3.1 and mounted all disks but there is no "Microsoft" folder. Not in the root folder nor in one of the subfolders. Is it possible to get this folder from someone in the forum or does that technically not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back