i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all. Simple question to which I've found either outdated or contradictory answers: if I dual boot Win10 with 10.12.6 on separate SSD (UEFI) then what do I need to do to have Parallels see the Windows installation - except install Boot camp drivers?

I don't use Windows for much aside form gaming, and I understand I can still access files, but I really enjoy being able to access the the "boot camp" partition form inside Parallels. I've just never done it on my Hack, only my MBP. I've seen this done in the past but like I said, the info I've found was outdated for the most part.

I just need to be pointed in the right direction, be it a how-to, thread or whatever.
Thanks!

I don't know about Parallels, but I know it works with VMware Fusion. It detected my Windows drive and I can either run it as a virtual machine or I can boot in to it.

It was easy. Just launch Fusion and create a virtual machine from a "Bootcamp" partition. It just takes a few clicks. Then after booting in to it, install the Fusion drivers and done.

I don't know about Parallels, but I know it works with VMware Fusion. It detected my Windows drive and I can either run it as a virtual machine or I can boot in to it.

It was easy. Just launch Fusion and create a virtual machine from a "Bootcamp" partition. It just takes a few clicks. Then after booting in to it, install the Fusion drivers and done.

Cool I'll give it a try then. My Parallels license is old anyway, so buy that or VMware doesn't make much of a difference. Thanks!

Hi. Old thread but I have the same question. I did try using VMware Fusion, but for some reason it cannot detect my Windows 10 SSD drive despite that the disk utility does see it and I can mount it with NTFS for Mac. Neither can Parallels recognize it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back