Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390 designare
CPU
intel I9
Graphics
AMD wx 9100
Hi, I'm on OC 0.8.4 with monterey 12.5.1. Since I've updated my hackintosh from Big Sur, now when I boot my computer I can't launch windows from it. If I select it on the menu I have only a black screen and it freeze. If I boot my computer on the windows drive selected with the bios, windows launch normally. how can I fix that please ?

Hi, I'm on OC 0.8.4 with monterey 12.5.1. Since I've updated my hackintosh from Big Sur, now when I boot my computer I can't launch windows from it. If I select it on the menu I have only a black screen and it freeze. If I boot my computer on the windows drive selected with the bios, windows launch normally. how can I fix that please ?
Hi @eqcq let me ask a few questions for clarification. Is Windows on the same disk as macOS or a different disk? Were you able to boot Windows from OC before the upgrade?

I'd also suggest attaching a zip with your current EFI contents. Your ACPI patching may need adjusted for Windows compatibility.

Hi @eqcq let me ask a few questions for clarification. Is Windows on the same disk as macOS or a different disk? Were you able to boot Windows from OC before the upgrade?

I'd also suggest attaching a zip with your current EFI contents. Your ACPI patching may need adjusted for Windows compatibility.
Hi ! Thx for helping !

windows is on a different hard drive. Yes I was able to boot from OC before Monterey upgrade.
here is my EFI folder. (everything work like a charm except choosing windows on oc pick up screen)

Attachments

• EFI_080922.zip
    14.4 MB · Views: 47
Hi ! Thx for helping !

windows is on a different hard drive. Yes I was able to boot from OC before Monterey upgrade.
here is my EFI folder. (everything work like a charm except choosing windows on oc pick up screen)
The ACPI files and config.plist look fine which isn't surprising since Windows was working previously. It appears you updated OC earlier today. If that was before the Monterey upgrade, did Windows still work after doing that? Did you clear the NVRAM? Any hardware changes at all?

thx JPZ, yes windows work before and after oc update but by booting on the dedicated hard drive. No hardware change and yes I've cleared the NVRAM.

...windows work before and after oc update but by booting on the dedicated hard drive.
Understood, but that's not my question. Did Windows still boot through OC after you updated it but before the upgrade to Monterey?

I want to determine whether the OC update or the Monterey upgrade is responsible for the Windows issue.

Last edited:
ha! sorry :)

yes windows booted before with oc until I upgrade to Monterey :)
Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for your patience

ha! sorry :)

yes windows booted before with oc until I upgrade to Monterey :)
Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for your patience
OK, sounds good. Two things I can suggest right now.

It appears you have discrete and integrated graphics enabled on your system. I recall that Windows may hang - at least when booting through OC - in this configuration. You might want to disable the integrated video, if that's not your primary output, in the Windows device manager before trying through OC again.

Your config file has AdviseFeatures enabled under PlatformInformation. Is the EFI not the first partition on your Windows drive?

thx JPZ, for the integrated graphics the idea was to activate airplay display for using sidecar on my ipad (I still have issue with that). I could test with disabling the integrated video.

On my windows drive I have only one partition (normally ...)

Ok i've disabled the integrated video both in config file and in BIOS and still the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back